Options

web service is not a valid date

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2011-11-10 in NAV Three Tier
hi everyone, the screenshot is self explanatory...can you explain me why?
(the date format is correctly set to ddmmyy), nav service, server and client on the same pc (my laptop)
in other words, i'm not able to set a date filter
thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be something like this: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38402 ?

May be the personalisation will help...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Cool, it works, thank you!!this is a valuable info, because we (or better, mycolleagues) are going to develop webservices for 6 different nations...
    i think the problem is that my user personalization was set to enu (as always :mrgreen: ), but my windows collation (that's also the database collation) was italian.
    this is very bad for me, because i can't use enu language in nav while having italian formats for dates.
    NOTE: after some tests, i noticed that deleting and recreating the user personalization line solve the problem :-k
    i mean that no matter what language code i set, the webservice works nice...is this possible?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Belias wrote:
    Cool, it works, thank you!!this is a valuable info, because we (or better, mycolleagues) are going to develop webservices for 6 different nations...
    i think the problem is that my user personalization was set to enu (as always :mrgreen: ), but my windows collation (that's also the database collation) was italian.
    this is very bad for me, because i can't use enu language in nav while having italian formats for dates.
    NOTE: after some tests, i noticed that deleting and recreating the user personalization line solve the problem :-k
    i mean that no matter what language code i set, the webservice works nice...is this possible?

Don't understand it either...!

My guess is you need to start RTC Client on the server with domain account ABC. This creates this personalization record. Which is read by the webservice (which is running under de ABC account).
    Changing it means restarting the service. Im not going to test this..Im just happy this topic helped me to fix this problem :)
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Just a short question, wouldn't it be better to use the xml format of date / datetime to be passed? then you shouldn't have language issues with date, right?

haven't tried this but maybe this works and solves all language related date issues:
    System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToString(DateTime.Now);

The personalization settings thing is ok, and worked for me too, in another case (error messages) but i found it a bit buggy...