Options

Default VAT Prod. Posting Group

johnnyc313johnnyc313 Member Posts: 93
Hi,

This seems like a straightforward issue, but I can't figure it out. All I want is for EU Vendors, when I put on a line the VAT Prod. Posting Group defaults to NOVAT instead of VAT17.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JohnnyC

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2005-07-07
    The default for the VAT Prod. Posting Group in a purchase line derives from the Gen. Prod. Posting group of the item/resource, not from the Gen. Business Posting Group. When the document is posted the VAT Business Posting Group in the Header and the VAT Posting Group of the line are used to look up the VAT rate and VAT accounts in the table "VAT posting Setup".
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    johnnyc313johnnyc313 Member Posts: 93
    So does this mean that it's impossible for the VAT to default to NO VAT for my european Vendors?
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    You set this default in the Gen. Business Posting Group (Table 250), there is a field for "Def. VAT Bus. Posting Group" ( Fieldvalue "Auto Insert Default" nedds to ticked on too).
    If the vendor has the right VAT Bus. Posting Group which combined with
    the VAT Posting Group of the item finds the record in the VAT Posting Setup
    which has a "Tax %" fieldvalue of 0 then no tax is calculated when the purchase is posted.

A "NOVAT" VAT Prod. Posting Group is only needed for items which are also taxfree in national purchases & sales ( applies e.g. to second-hand goods in some countries). This default can be set in the Gen. Prod. Posting Group (Table 251)
    Kai Kowalewski