Options

Word Merge File

AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
Hi,

I am using the Relationship Management, Segment to
mail word merge documents to our clients, however I
cannot put a message on the e-mail as it is sent as an attachment only. Does anybody know how I could add a message?
I have managed to create a body for a normal document.

Thanks

Albert

Comments

• Options
    albertoalberto Member Posts: 59
    I don't know if i understood your problem.

If the problem is that, when you post the mail it is directly posted, you can work off line: in this way you can add a message before post.
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Navision is using the mail merge functionality of Word which doesn't support both an attached file and text in the actual e-mail.
    However; if you are using Word XP (or newer) you can send you word documents as html. Then the recepient will get the entire document content incl pictures and colors directly in the e-mail. (Unless they are using a plain-text only e-mail client, but who does that anymore? 8) )
    Simply insure that "Send Word Docs. as Attmt." isn't checked.
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Thank you for your replies I will try it with Peter suggestion.

Albert
  • Options
    trintrin Member Posts: 110
    How to merge word document from Relationship Management> Segment ? I launched word from Segment, but could not get any contacts name and other information into the word. Can you tell me the steps on how to merge contacts?

Thanks.
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    Excuse me if the translation isn't very good but , I have Navision and Word in Spanish.

In Navision (3.70) go to Relationship Management -> Setup -> Interaction -> Interaction Templates.
    Add a new line with a code , a group and a description.
    In Wizard Action, select OPEN. You have a column named Attachment with value NO. Click here and a Microsoft Word window appears.

You must have Mail Merge tool bar. One of this icon, is insert merge field ( I think the translation is it) and you can see Navision tables fields.

After select the fields, save the document and the value of Attachment is changed to YES.
    Now you can work with this template in segments.

Albertvh , with Outlook 2003 is posible to put the interaction template as mail Body. You must configure it in options.

Bye
  • Options
    trintrin Member Posts: 110
    Saalek,

Thanks for the information. It works!!! Great!

Trin