Options

"Landscape" report prints as Portrait

AdvStoreAdvStore Member Posts: 14
Hi,

We have a computer here which seems to refuse to print Landscape reports as Landscape - it defaults to Portrait. You can manually select "Landscape", but this is a bit of a pain. Has anybody seen this before and have a solution? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Why dont you force the document to print in Landscape. I am not sure if you trying to print a Navision report.

Thx
    SB
  • Options
    AdvStoreAdvStore Member Posts: 14
    Sbhat wrote:
    Why dont you force the document to print in Landscape. I am not sure if you trying to print a Navision report.

Thx
    SB

In the report "Properties", the Orientation is set to "Landscape". For some reason the computer doesn't want to seem to recognize this. Manually selecting if from "Page Setup..." also doesn't hold between prints.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You'ue probably already tried this but I would uninstall & reinstall the printer first
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I know this situation - it seems that on some printers (some drivers) the default orientation is "stronger" than Navision settings... if you change default settings on the printer, it will print landscape. You can for example create another instance of the printer with this default settings, something as"

LJ4000 Portrait
    LJ4000 Landscape

And you can pre-select the printer in printer selection or let send the report to the right printer...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

I would like to state some issues that I have come up when printing from navision.

A. When you want to print on a printer that it is not your default, the page size and orientation for the report is taken from the default windows printer.

B. When the user is in a domain and tries to print to a network printer and the permissions are minimal, then the printer keeps its own settings ignoring the seetings of the report.

Concluding, when I want to print a report in landscape or to another size of paper, I make sure I select the printer as the default and it works, or I chose the page setup option in file menu and overwrite the page settings prior the print or preview.

I use Nav GR 3.70.A, but AFAIK the 3.70.B has corrected a few issues regarding printing.