Options

Refreshing the RTC Home Page

r44712r44712 Member Posts: 40
edited 2011-10-28 in NAV Three Tier
Can anyone help with the following scenario:

We are using the "My Notifications" part of the RTC Role Centre Home Page to notify users of Shipments that failed to post by a batch process.

If the user then goes into the Shipment in question by double clicking it, corrects the error and then successfully posted it, the notification is deleted from the "Record Links" table.

However, until the RTC Home Page is refreshed, that entry remains in the "My Notifications" list. If the user then double clicks it again, a message along the lines of "the record you're trying to access doesn't exist". I don't have an issue with that. However, my issue is that it takes a Refresh of the homepage to clear that entry.

So I tried using the Windows Script Host Object Model to invoke a F5 (also tried a Shift+12 as that also appeared to do a refresh when using the RTC Cleint). Niether of those worked in code.

So then I tried using the Navision Timer on the RTC Home Page, only to discover that "trigger code is not allowed on pages of type RoleCentre". How VERY annoying!!!!!

Does anyone here know of any ways that work to refresh the RTC Home Page (not an individual Page such as a Warehouse Shipment), thanks?

Comments

• Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    I've tried figuring out this a while ago.. I finally just told the user to hit F5 almost all the time they think the data/notes are incorrect.. yes annoying that it doesn't refresh it self but hey maybe someone figured out this problem by now?
    -rico1931
  • Options
    AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    A automatic refresh on the notes whould be a nice feature (as would be the ability to notify more than one user!) to make the notification functionality really useful.

It doesn't really solve your problem but you could set the 'RefreshOnActivate' property on the rolecentre page (a bit of a pain as you will have to do this for each role centre). It's not as good as a automatic refresh but is does cover off some scenarios.
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    you could use client-side addin with a timer and send the F5 command from there.
  • Options
    g_abhi81g_abhi81 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have faced a similar situation where I needed to refresh the Role Center page from an action in one of the infopartlist. I took help of the "SendKeys" function in Windows Script Host Shell, to invoke "Shift+F12". And it worked for me.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    g_abhi81 wrote:
    Hi, I have faced a similar situation where I needed to refresh the Role Center page from an action in one of the infopartlist. I took help of the "SendKeys" function in Windows Script Host Shell, to invoke "Shift+F12". And it worked for me.

Hi, in which page/fucntion did you call it?