Options

Classic Client not responding when compiling pages

deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
edited 2011-10-18 in NAV Three Tier
I have a strange problem, if i try to compile some page objects (not all but most) in R2 Classic Client, the client freezes and doesn't respond anymore, i can only kill the task. I'am not able to compile the page. On another workstation i'am able to do it. I'am able to save/compile all other type of objects with no problem.

Answers

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling on your machine? Make sure the licenses are the same?
  • Options
    I did uninstall/reinstall... but nothing.

but i found the solution... The object-cache was '0', this caused the problem.

:thumbsdown: very nasty bug!
  • Options
    johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Dear deV.ch,

I have issue : Classic Client not responding when compiling reports.. I have checked the object cache in Tools > Options and its value is 32000KB. What should I do to prevent and solve this issue? Please help.. Thank you..
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    Is it possible that you imported objects (fob) from a database with a Client Build No. higher then the original 2009 R2 (32012) => to a Database that has the original 32012 build? I had a lot of problemts with this kind of Situation! (Freezes on compiling, running, etc)

edit: If it's only with reports, then check if you have all necessary .dlls in your client folder eg: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.DotNetBridge.dll (if it's 2009 R2)
  • Options
    johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Wow you are correct, deV.ch :)
    Thanks a lot..
    I was imported objects (fob) from a database with a Client Build No. 32074 to Client Build No. 32012.
    The solution is apply platform hotfix build no 32074..
    Thanks a lot... :)
    Best regards,

Johanna