Options

Column header width

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2011-10-12 in NAV Three Tier
Not sure what causes this in the RTC, but my No. field heading in the attached screenshot overlaps the Type field and I don't get a vertical line separator for these fields. Can anyone tell me what problem I might have with the field properties that would cause this?

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    did you already try to delete the metadata for this object and save/recompile it, in order to recreate the metadata?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    I had deleted object tracking data before, but not the object metadata. I deleted all records from that table and then recompiled all objects and stopped/restarted the nav server, but now i can't log in to the DB through the RTC. I get the error that Object of type Table with id 2000000045 could not be found. I'm not sure how to address that issue...anyone?
  • Options
    I got my database back to a working state. I then deleted the metadata for the sales order subform page where this is happening and saved/compiled that object. No luck though...still the same heading issue.

The strange thing is that I made the exact same change to the sales quote subform, and there is no issue there. Frustrating...
  • Options
    can you try to recreate the object from scratch?
    if it's not a complicated page you can just recreate it and add personalizations step by step in order to catch the property/code that rose the problem :-k
    it's the only approach i can think about, i've never seen this before :roll:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    I finally got around to recreating the modifications as you suggested - thank you for that. It was a great approach.

The issue is tied to setting IndentationControls. As soon as you have multiple fields specified, the headers bleed together and vertical lines disappear. It actually caused a more serious issue (with the "No." field set to be indented) where the executable would crash when trying to drop down the No. field selection list. For now I've gone with a single IndentationControl, which is not ideal but works. As with some other things in the RTC, it looks like this is some good functionality that isn't quite working smoothly yet.
  • Options
    i've never used that proprerty...i'm gonna try it now, thank you!
    sometimes i learn more while answering than asking :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    How did you get the "I get the error that Object of type Table with id 2000000045 could not be found" problem fixed?

I've recompiled all objects and restarted nav server, but no luck, still getting it...

I don't see such a table either, must be virtual...
  • Options
    VolodymirVolodymir Member Posts: 2
    How did you get the "I get the error that Object of type Table with id 2000000045 could not be found" problem fixed?
    I've recompiled all objects and restarted nav server, but no luck, still getting it...
    I don't see such a table either, must be virtual...

If still relevant - disable the "Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" checkmark in Alter Database, and then enable it again.