Options

You cannot delete Customer...

yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
edited 2011-10-10 in Navision Attain
Navision 3.10

Someone gave me orders to enter.. they had created a new customer card COTTO012. Three orders, exactly the same. I entered one, then used Copy Document on the other two. Only thing that differed was shipping address.

Today, someone is checking over orders and noticed this customer already exists in our system under customer card COTTO010.

They changed the three orders to COTTO010. They want to delete the newly created duplicate customer card, but it won't let them.

It says "You cannot delete Customer COTTO012 because there is at least one outstanding Sales Order for this customer."

I know I can fix the problem by deleting all three orders, deleting that duplicate customer card, then re-entering the orders. I was just trying to figure this out so I didn't have to re-enter the orders.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It checks for the Bill-to and the Sell-to on the sales lines, so it looks like when the customer on the sales header was changed, the customer was NOT changed on the lines. Go into those 3 orders and make sure that the header and all related lines show the right order. Once you have changed those all to the right one, you should be able to delete the duplicate customer without a problem.
  • Options
    Well, now I have another issue and entering new customer cards is not working!!! Help!!

We deleted the three orders. We then deleted that new customer card.

Now we cannot create new customers.. it says "No. Series Code 'AR-CUSTOME' does not exist".

This is when you try to enter a No. on the Customer Card. In fact, if I click any fields or tabs without entering anything it gives me the error.

We usually use the first so many characters of a customer name and then enter 001, 002, 003 at the end.. so if MIBUSO was a customer it would be MIBU001. Then it gives us that error message.
  • Options
    Think I figured out the problem.. I am clueless as to how it happened because nobody has ever gone in this screen before! This is the first time I've seen it.

In General Ledger, Setup, No. Series AR-CUSTOME got deleted somehow!

I added it back and hopefully there's no issues. So far we're able to enter our customers fine.
  • Options
    Let's say I enter the new customer ZZZ005. Then a Sales Order for that customer.

Later on we realized we already had that customer in our database, so we need to change the Sales Order to ZZZ002 for example. When we do that it asks us to hit yes to update billing and shipping and another time to update sales lines.

Then we go back into the customer card and it won't let us delete ZZZ005.

I just tested this myself to see if maybe the ladies weren't hitting those yes to update lines.

The only way for me to delete that customer card is to delete my sales order completely.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Standard NAV checks for the sell-to and the bill-to customer fields on the sales lines. What looks like happened in your case is that those fields are not updated when you changed the field on the header. Check the bill-to and the sell-to in ALL the lines in that order to see what happened.

In situations like this I would debug the process to see what is happening.
  • Options
    Thanks I'm thinking it'll lie in a codeunit which my license doesn't allow me to work with. :(

I debugged and compared me starting a new Sales Order and selecting a customer and adding one item to the order..

Then I debugged the same thing, but with me changing the customer to see what differed.

So, all I can do is view the code through debugger and try to understand it for my own knowledge.

I see comments in there that relate to Copy Document, so that's probably the right place if the company ever decides to put up some money to fix it.
  • Options
    Pain in the butt when you notice errors like 7 or 8 years after you purchase software. Nothing you can do but pay the people to fix it.

I notice that even changing a header on a Sales Order and then trying to print something it doesn't even update.

"Sell To Name 2" will update.. as will Dept No and External Document! Nothing else will, ie: Sell-to Customer Name, Sell-to Address, Sell-To Address 2, Sell-to State, Zip Code, Sell-to Contact.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Actually 3.1 as a solid and fairly bug free product, definitely quite stable. Except of course for those silly Sales tax rounding errors. Had you had gone with 3.01 or waited till 3.6 you would have something to complain about.
    David Singleton