thensthens Member Posts: 17
edited 2011-10-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

For one of our customers I have this very strange problem:

Specs:
NAV RTC 2009R2
Page 11122258 (Time Sheet Dashboard).

Problem:
When I open this page through the standard menu (Departments > Time Registration > Time Sheet Dashboard), it opens in 'Edit' Page Mode:
With the filters editable so that this list can be filtered. (See attachment: Correct 11122258.jpg)

For so far, no problems!

When I open this page through the link in the Role Center, it opens in 'View' Page Mode:
No changes can be made in the filters. (See attachment: Wrong 11122258.jpg)

In the properties of this page I tried several setting like 'Editable: Yes', etc.

Can someone tell me why these are different? I searched for hours, but didn't seem to get any further.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

Thijs

Comments

• Options
    Sergii_ChernenkoSergii_Chernenko Member Posts: 14
    When you run it from RTC, is it opened in a new window?

Looks like not and it is opened in the right part of the RTC. In this case the page is non-editable.

The suggestion would be to go to the menusuite and change the department of your page to Tasks. In this case the system will open the page in a new window and it will be editable.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    mainly it depends on the RunFormMode property of Actions..
  • Options
    From what I understood, the case when the page is not editable is happening when they call a page from Departments. And then this is not an action, but more like a link to a page.
  • Options
    From what I understood, the case when the page is not editable is happening when they call a page from Departments. And then this is not an action, but more like a link to a page.

When page will be opened through Departments, it is openend in new window and editable.
    When page it called through RC, it is opened in same page and not editable.

RunFormMode of action is now set as Create. I tried View, Edit and Create, but all with the same result...
  • Options
    Did you try to change the Department to Tasks? This will make the system open the page in a new window and in the editable state.
  • Options
    Did you try to change the Department to Tasks? This will make the system open the page in a new window and in the editable state.

How do you mean? It is already in the Tasks, and there it works fine.

But, when I open it through RC, it doesn't open in new window, so it is nog editable.
  • Options
    It seems that with this new Role Center, it is not posible to view this page in Edit mode.
    Because of that, I made a link in the main page in the role center.

Thanks for your reactions.