Options

Application Server not logging / moving mail

ArekPArekP Member Posts: 2
Hello everyone,

We have Navision 3.7 installed on a Windows 2000 server. We wish to use it to log e-mail sent through out Exchange 2000. I have the application server installed. I have the MMC configured. I am starting it as a service with the Maillog option and the Navision server information, using a domain level user and password. There is an Outlook 2000 installed on the computer. Collaboration Objects are installed. An e-mail account is set up for the user.

I am configuring Navision through a Navision client installed on the
server (Relationship Management | Setup | Relationship Management Setup | E-Mail Logging). The Time, Profile, Queue Folder, Storage Folder fields are filled in. The User ID field is blank, as we are using the application server.

I created the Queue and Storage folders. The user has full rights to them. I copied an e-mail into the queue folder. There it sits.

The Application server starts without complaint. The event log shows:

--

Event Type: Information
Event Source: NAVISIONSERVER-CLASSIC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 109
Date: 10/22/2004
Time: 1:35:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NAVISIONSERVER
Description:
The Navision Application Server NAVISIONSERVER-CLASSIC started with the following configuration:
Database Server Name = navisionserver
Database =
Company = Amron International
Startup Parameter = maillog

--

Then:

--

Event Type: Warning
Time: 1:41:04 PM
Description:
This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member Logon failed. Collaboration Data Objects returned the following message:
[Collaboration Data Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]

--

All the CDO.DLL on the computer are v. 6.0.6249.0. The Exchange 2000 has all the patches as does Outlook 2000.

I also found this:

--

Event Source: NAVISIONSERVER
Date: 10/25/2004
Time: 10:36:55 AM
Description:
The system failed to update Navision Database Server Service Connection Point in Active Directory.
The registry entry does not exist.

--

I ran the schemaxt utility to create a script which I successfully (supposedly) used to expand the AD with the ldifde utility per the readme, when I installed the software.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Arek

Comments

• Options
    lloydlloyd Member Posts: 12
    Hi Arek,

I know it has been a long time but did you find a solution for this as I am having the same issue now?

Lloyd
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Hasn't it something to do with the user you start the NAS with ... . Does this Windows-user have access rights to the Queue-folder and Storage-folder?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Have you tried to run it without NAS?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    I have set the user for the NAS service the same as the user that owns the queue folder. this user also exists in Navision.

I have run it successfully without NAS directly from the codeunit.

Lloyd
  • Options
    I managed to get the NAS running and logging emails.

I installed the NAS on another server that I knew would run the Mail dispatcher successfully. I think there may have been a CDO version issue with the original location.

The next issue was that NET TYPE on my connection wasn't right. I had to set this in the registry as the NAS manager wouldn't let me. I set it to DEFAULT.

Then I could not run a NAS service that I installed but I am able to use a service that appeared after the original NAS install. This service didn't appear after installing on the original server.

At least I have a result.

Lloyd
  • Options
    sfreisfrei Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

this error arrises when for the user with the NAS Server Service is running if no Standard Outlook Profil exist on this Computer.

Logon, on the machine where works the NAS, with the user with this the NAS running. -> Create an Outook Profile that connect to the Exchange Server -> restart the NAS Server and the Mail Logging works fine ...

This user must have also all rights to the relevant public folders on the exchange server.

Regards
    Stephan

ArekP wrote:
    Hello everyone,

We have Navision 3.7 installed on a Windows 2000 server. We wish to use it to log e-mail sent through out Exchange 2000. I have the application server installed. I have the MMC configured. I am starting it as a service with the Maillog option and the Navision server information, using a domain level user and password. There is an Outlook 2000 installed on the computer. Collaboration Objects are installed. An e-mail account is set up for the user.

I am configuring Navision through a Navision client installed on the
    server (Relationship Management | Setup | Relationship Management Setup | E-Mail Logging). The Time, Profile, Queue Folder, Storage Folder fields are filled in. The User ID field is blank, as we are using the application server.

I created the Queue and Storage folders. The user has full rights to them. I copied an e-mail into the queue folder. There it sits.

The Application server starts without complaint. The event log shows:

--

Event Type: Information
    Time: 1:35:34 PM
    Description:
    The Navision Application Server NAVISIONSERVER-CLASSIC started with the following configuration:
    Database Server Name = navisionserver
    Database =
    Company = Amron International
    Startup Parameter = maillog

--

Then:

--

Time: 1:41:04 PM
    Description:
    This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member Logon failed. Collaboration Data Objects returned the following message:
    [Collaboration Data Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]

--

All the CDO.DLL on the computer are v. 6.0.6249.0. The Exchange 2000 has all the patches as does Outlook 2000.

I also found this:

--

Event Source: NAVISIONSERVER
    Date: 10/25/2004
    Time: 10:36:55 AM
    Description:
    The system failed to update Navision Database Server Service Connection Point in Active Directory.
    The registry entry does not exist.

--

I ran the schemaxt utility to create a script which I successfully (supposedly) used to expand the AD with the ldifde utility per the readme, when I installed the software.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Arek
    :D:D:D
    Greetings
    Steve