Options

NAV Techdays 2011 is over.

David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
edited 2011-10-03 in General Chat
I just got home after two very well spent days in Antwerp. (By just got home, I mean just as in I made the plane just as they were closing the door, so it was close).

The Techdays concept really worked, and achieved (IMO) everything that Luc promised. it really provides something very different to other Conferences. One thing I had never even thought about before, was how much difference it makes being in a nice comfortable environment like this. The movie cinema, with huge screens and really comfy chairs makes it so much more enjoyable. Can't believe that in all my years at conferences I had never thought about that.

I really hope that everyone will get behind Luc on this, so that this can be a very regular event. The two day concept is perfect the one day was a bit too short last time. No marketing/sales fluff, and 90 minutes mean that you really get deep dive sessions.

The best part though was how Luc pulled off getting the big NAV guns. It showed that Microsoft really took this seriously in sending the top people from the NAV PG to the event, that was impressive. I normally avoid Key notes, because they are generally just fill, but the keynote from Michael Nielsen and Thomas Hejlsberg was the most interesting and on topic Key note that I can remember seeing at any NAV conference. A big thank you to Microsoft, for sending your best people to NAV Techdays.

Great work Luc, and I look forward to the next one.
David Singleton

Comments

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    And a remote attendance option too?

We do live in a virtual world... :D
  • Options
    CailleanCaillean Member Posts: 36
    NAV TechDays 2011: Thanks a lot for two bombastic days full of visions coming true somehow, knowledge, new and old but not less brilliant ideas and solutions... and last but not least a bunch of new and old contacts to all the nice guys of NAV world.

Thanks for a perfectly organized conference.

Please keep it open for customers.

Looking forward meeting you all again in 2013 :-)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I can only assist to the posts. And regarding the remote- there will be recordings available to download (except the NAV "7" sessions which will be published after allowed by Microsoft).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I just want to say thank you, Luc. You and your oranisation team did a really good job. And I also appreciate that it was a cinema, that was an impressive idea.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

it was a great conference. Hats off to you and your team, Luc!

with best regards

Jens