Options

Notifications

zimworxcodezimworxcode Member Posts: 53
edited 2011-10-03 in NAV Three Tier
I have setup permissions such that person A captures on an item journal but cannot post it, person B, should have permissions to post it. Now i need a feature which will enable A to send a note to B that they are done with the journal and is ready for posting. The Notes feature works well on other documents but on the Item journals list if launch the Notes page, under the Action menu, the page is blank. So is this feature available on Journals? if not i would like to ask how A can notify B that they are done with the capturing.

Comments

• Options
    PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    Have you tried with a user that has SUPER permission?
    If it works with that then you have to understand what permission you need to create notes...
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123
  • Options
    I am logged in as a user with all permissions. What i notice is if i am on the actual document, say Sales Order, and if i go Actions -> Notes the page come up with the link 'Click here to create an order' so i can do a note on the Document. However, if i am on the Sales Orders List and i go Actions -> Notes the page is blank so on the Sales Orders List i cannot create a note.
  • Options
    Yes... because the List is opened by default in "view" mode (it's a property of the page) instead the Card is opened in "Create" mode so if you want to create the note from the list you have to open the list in "create" mode... for example from an action on another page....
    Hope it helps...
  • Options
    thank you thank you... you have hinted me to the right track. I finally discovered that on the journal itself (in create mode) i just needed to add a fact box because it does not appear by default. :D
  • Options
    You are welcome :wink:
  • Options
    Now i am having a problem with notifications that when a user has finished writing a note and clicks the To: drop down list to select a user to send the message to, the list of users does not display all the users. I am trying to figure out what could cause the drop down list to display all users on one machine on another it displays say ten and on another it displays only one user. :-k
  • Options
    FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    I have returned to try to solve the problem of notification three months later...

Why is the reason that i create a note, add an user of the company and click notification TRUE but that user don´t have anything written in "My notifications..."... why? ](*,)

The note is generated perfectly... perhaps i have to install something i don´t know...