Options

Help Files - .chm & .hh

derrickderrick Member Posts: 86
edited 2011-09-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi experts,

I've made some Help Files (.chm & .hh) and want them to be available when user is pressing F1 in the NAV2009 SP1 onwards ...

1. Classic Client
I read somewhere regarding this but I failed to have them when I pressing F1, which are the following:
To update Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 so that this updated content is available from the Help menu and F1, do the following:
Note: These instructions work around problems with opening HTML Help files as described in KB90225.
1.Double-click cside.chm to open it.
2.If an Open File-Security Warning dialog box is displayed, click to clear the Always ask before opening this file check box, and then click Open. Close cside.chm.
3.If a security warning is not displayed, but the contents of the Help file are not displayed, right-click cside.chm, click Properties, and then click Unblock.
4.Replace the existing cside.chm, cside.hh, and nav_extref.chm files in the language-specific directories for the Classic client with the new files that you downloaded. The default installation location for these directories is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic. For example, in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 for Germany, you must replace these files in both the ENU and DEU directories.
5.Restart Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic.
Do you've any idea?

2. RTC Client
As far as I heard, it's not the same by comparing to the Classic one, any suggestions?

I would appreacite any recommendations.

Answers

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    edited 2011-09-21
    Hi Derreck,
    derrick wrote:
    I've made some Help Files (.chm & .hh) and want them to be available when user is pressing F1 in the NAV2009 SP1 onwards ...
    What is the name of these files?
    Where did store them?
    What happens when you press F1 on "your" fields?
    derrick wrote:
    2. RTC Client
    As far as I heard, it's not the same by comparing to the Classic one, any suggestions?
    Content wise RTC and CC help do differ with respect to terminology, links to pages (instead of forms), etc. But apart from that most content is the same. To enable it .hh file should be stored in the appropriate language folder of the service tier (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service) and .chm in corresponding language folder of Role Tailored Client (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client)
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    derrickderrick Member Posts: 86
    Hi van Vugt, great thanks!

1. My bad, it was functioning.
    2. Alright!
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Good to hear.