Options

Expired Batches

kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
edited 2011-09-10 in Dynamics AX
Dear Friends,

Does anybody know how AX 2009 automatically blocks an expired batch from being issued?

Regards,

Kittaneh

Comments

• Options
    kranthikranthi Member Posts: 72
    Standard AX doesn't have any functionality to block the expired batches for being issed. I need to actually look into Process Manufactuing - where some enhancements are done to batch number functionality...
    Kranthi
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Kranthi, the process solution, from memory, will allow expired lots to be processed based upon the stock model group, so it is under your control. There is also the disposition code that can be set to unavailable which will also prevent usage.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
    Dear Friends,

Thanks for your replies.

I have checked the process manufacutring and distribution of AX 2009, it does not automatically block an expiry date, but if I use the reset disposition code to Unavailable, it will block it.

I wonder if there is a way to change this disposition code automatically once the batch is expired.

Does anyone has an idea?
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Inventory Management - Periodic - Batches
    Update expiry dates - this periodic function provides the ability to update the Expiry dates for a range of batches
    based on the Batch number, Item number, Batch date and/or Item group. You can select System or Fixed for the
    date calculation type. System recalculates from the batch date. Fixed calculates from the Expiry date entered on
    the form.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen