Options

Webservice fails to update

DakkonDakkon Member Posts: 192
edited 2011-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
Has anyone else encountered issues with webservices not updating properly? I have renamed fields, added fields, and removed fields from tables (along with their exposed page objects) and the changes do not show up on the web reference when I update it in visual studio. I have run into this same problem in the past only to have the objects finally refresh after a lot of tinkering with adding and deleting bogus fields. Does Navision cache the definition of these objects somewhere? This is infuriatingly frustrating, it's really making me hate Navision web services. ](*,)
Thad Ryker
I traded my sanity for a railgun :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    To clarify further, I found that when I inserted a new field in between others, it did not get picked up. However, when I created a new field with an ID higher than all other existing ones, it magically refreshed correctly. Then, I go back in and delete this bs field and refresh again, and now my service correctly reflects the page object. This is incredibly stupid and all I can think is that the Navision server is caching the definition somewhere and not checking in a thorough fashion to detect if the object has changed (though you think it would look at the frack'n date, time and size). I tried restarting the services, and removing the page object from the service list and re-adding it, all of which themselves did no good. I'm guessing not that many people add services and then go changing them a lot, but for the project I'm working on this is pretty common in the dev stages.
    Thad Ryker
  • Options
    ArmondsArmonds Member Posts: 66
    I have similar problem.

I made CodeUnit with function which have XMLPort as parameter.

And started WS for this codeunit.

But after changing XMLPort, the WS schema for XMLPort isn't changing.

I tried to restart WS, added removed fields to XMLPort, enabled disabled WS in NAV, recompiled CU and XMLPort but without luck :(

How to update WS schema?
  • Options
    ArmondsArmonds Member Posts: 66
    Maybe the problem is that environment is without AD....

In other network with AD web service updates without problems.

I found workaround, by adding new middle services. Then the new service is showing changed objects, but also only once...

So to make changes in web service schema, I must every time reinstall middle tier.

There must be a way to reset cashed Web services schema info. ](*,)
  • Options
    Well in my case we have active directory but I still have to jump through these stupid hoops to get the service to update itself appropriately.
    Thad Ryker