Options

Question on manufacturing scheduling

dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
Assume I have a machine center that normally works an 8 hour shift M-F.
Further assume that it is closing time on Friday.
Also assume am 40 hours into a 44 hour task that absolutely must be completed and on the loading dock at the start of business Monday morning.

"The guys" have no problem with working four hours of overtime on Saturday, but how do I schedule this in Navision without changing the shop calendar and screwing up the schedules for the twenty other machine centers that will not be working on Saturday?

Sure, that was a fairly specific question, but is it just me or is Navision somewhat lacking in that kind of flexibility?

Comments

• Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    You don't have to change the shop calendar.

Simply add some capacities in the Calendar entries (Machine Center - Planning - Calendar - Drilldown on the specific week when you need to add capacity) . Then in the Capacity Entries, you can add time or add a new line on the specified Saturday...

Hope that responds and help !
  • Options
    dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    Somehow I missed that approach. I was starting to experiment with some "floating" work centers that would be brought into play on the productoion scheduling screen, but that approach was getting very complex (for the end user) very fast.