Options

The Object Metadata does not exist. Identification fields

bhattkishorbhattkishor Member Posts: 8
edited 2011-08-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everybody,

I've got the problem related to running RTC, hope you can help.

I have creted one Page no 50002 in Classic Client but when i m going torun this from task bar --> Run i am facing the follwing error message.
I have installed NAV 2009 with developer environment. I am select demo database (default) to be run on RTC,

Now classic client works smoothly, but when i run Page i get the folowing error:
The Object Metadata does not exist. Identification fields and values: Object Type='Page',Object ID='50002'

I have also reinstall Nav.
I have refer the viewtopic.php?f=32&t=34070
No metadata in Table 2000000071
What is the way to create this metadata? (Sory if it is a sily question, this is the first time I have to deal with it )

Thanks in advance
Kishor Bhatt

Comments

• Options
    almarkaalmarka Member Posts: 19
    Have you tried to compile your object?

The metadata is created when you compile your object. Refer to the error message and check what exactly object the system is looking for and then compile it.

It should help.
  • Options
    gfrgfr Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Did you look to the following topic?
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29961&hilit=error+running+page

There is a lot of post about similar problem. May be you will find the solution there.

Bye,
    Giovanni
  • Options
    TimShawTimShaw Member Posts: 2
    I had the same error message "The Object Metadata does not exist. Identification fields and values: Object Type ='Page', Object ID ='0' ".

My local RTC client was last run on a different service tier and database. The fix was to select the correct server by opening the RTC Client then I could use run out of the object designer. NAV2009R2.

Hope this helps.

Tim
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    If you are confident that the RTC is using the correct NAV Server, and that the NAV Server is using the correct SQL Server and database, as the one you are using in c/side, then you might also try looking at the setting in c/side under File/Database/Alter - Options. The "Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" check box must be enabled in order for metadata to be generated at compilation time.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.