Options

Cronus Licence

khairunkhairun Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-07-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

This is my first post here,

I would like to know what is the right way to start using the Navision, is it okay to you Cronus Database structure (by restore it) and then applied the BE licence?

As I recently notes there was some feature that doesn't includes on the licence that we purchases is exist on the cronus database therefore we found several error related to this situation. How can we determine if the if the modules inside the Cronus wasnt includes on our licence? and how can we removes or disable it.

Also I need your advice, what is the best way to implement Navision without having Cronus Database installed first. Or is it possible to import ONLY the templates (if there is any) that related with what my company need.

If I tried to create new DATABASE without Cronus Database, I only get a blank navigation pane on the Navision Classics interfaces, and then how can I start with this blank navigation? If it this is the right way, What I should do next to continue?

Right now I only need to implement the sales and shipping process in to navision programs.

Comments

• Options
    khairunkhairun Member Posts: 3
    Hello again,

I just learned that we might need to avoid to use Cronus database as the foundation of the system and start o develop our own custom solution such creating tables, form and reports as Cronus demo company has all the functionality (granules) while our licence doesn't included.

So I decided to export those code unit inside object designer one by one (inside the cronus) and later on import back the only one that we need and comply with our licence to our new (blank) database and company.

Please advice weather this is the right approach to deploy completely brand new system on Navision environments.

Thank you for reading this...
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You should not be taking this approach. You don't need to remove/import specific objects. Just leave them all there. Your license determines what you have access to. Just create a new empty company and set it up as desired.

Don't take this on alone. Work with a qualified NAV partner or independent consultant.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.