Options

Service Invoice Headers RTC Report

Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
edited 2011-07-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

I have made a copy of the Service Invoice Report (R5911 6.01) and done several adjustments. I deleted the present layout and chose Create Layout Suggestion but this time when I run the RTC report the Service Invoice Line Header doesn't print out at all but when I run the original report (R5911) it is there. I can see the Service Invoice Line Header Line in RDLC and compare the RDLC with report (R5911) and they both look the same! Everything else on the report prints fine!

If I make a copy of Report 5961 and don't do any changes what so ever and again I deleted the present layout and choose Create Layout Suggestion, when I run the RTC report this has butchered the Service Invoice Line Header too!

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

With thanks

David
Big D signing off!

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    The create layout suggestion will create only dataset and 20-30% of report layout.
    remaining report should be adjsuted by us only.
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for your reply.

Ouch the conversion is that low! The conversion has sucessfully included a header line for the Service Invoice Line but when I run the RTC report this header line is absent - any suggestions?

With thanks
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Check the About this report to know the dataset values
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Where or which is the "Check the About this report to know the dataset values"?

With thanks
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    Big D wrote:
    Hi Mohana

Where or which is the "Check the About this report to know the dataset values"?

With thanks

you can find the About this report here... (look at screenshot)
    it gives you an idea of which data are passed to the report...
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    First time you have to activate it and second time you will ge the data
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for that - good thing to know.

No it is the header details that are missing not the data itself, i.e., the line that should say No., Description, Posted Shipment Date, etc. re. R5911!

With thanks
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Can you show us the layout and screenshot of preview..
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for your reply and request for an attachment.

The first diagram is the report using standard - the highlighted yellow line is what am trying to replicate in RTC.

The second diagram is the report using RTC - the highlighted yellow line has no header titles, Item Code, Description, etc.

In the rdlc - the highlighted yellow line indicates that a header line similar to the standard report should be displaying.

Hope this is a little clearer now.

Checked your blog last night - some juicy stuff there alright - thanks for sharing =D>

Just on a need to know basis on a rdlc there are a series of skinny columns with red dots in, containing Page No. and so on - I have a RTC book and searched the forums to explain this logic but don't really get it - can you point me at a blog that will help me see the light :P !
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    KaviKavi Member Posts: 45
    Can you check once the table properties in rdlc
  • Options
    Can you show us the dataset result also..
    mean while try with Last inplace of First in rdlc headers..
    and check the visible condition of the row which you are not getting displayed.

in report heade,we cant directly use the dataset fields..
    For that we will create invisible(red dot) fields in Body section and use them in Header as
    reportItems!

Please let me know if you want more help regarding this..
    I will try to explain you in differect way..
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for the red dot explanation - probably have to give it ago to fully understand :D !
    Big D signing off!