Options

Change Log turns on by itself

jag333jag333 Member Posts: 27
We have a user who recently upgraded to 4.0. Since the upgrade, the change log turns itself on randomly and the users do not have a license for that module. Does anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening? It MIGHT be related to only one user in the database but I can't be sure yet. To resolve the problem, we are deleting all the records out of the change log tables.
Jen

Comments

• Options
    pduckpduck Member Posts: 147
    Maybe someone who has access to the Financial Accounting Menu? In our case some people opened the "Change Log Setup"-Form by mistake when navigating through the Setup-Menu. Then for exmaple a blank "Change Log Setup" record was created.
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Totally impossible. Surely a user is doing that. Set the form not editable :)

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Totally and completely possible! :) I was logged on with one of our clients and had control of the keyboard myself. I was helping them enter a new rate (only user in the database at the time) and the change log permission message popped up right in front of my eyes! We have seen this in the rate entry screen (twice) in our add on as well as when posting a receipt (also in our add-on).
    Jen
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    If you have a scenario that consistently starts the change log, you have somehting to debug. From there on it's only a matter of time until you find it.
  • Options
    That's the problem. I can't duplicate it.
    Jen
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    jag333 wrote:
    We have seen this in the rate entry screen (twice) in our add on as well as when posting a receipt (also in our add-on).
    Sounds like a consistent scenario to me. That is where I would start debugging. If you've seen it twice there, then obviously something in that process is causing this behavior. Maybe it's a combination of more than one scenario, but at least you have one part of it.
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    So, it is an add-on.. why not ask the add-on developer?

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    real_andireal_andi Member Posts: 1
    I got this problem too and in my case the problem come because i tried to change a license with my expire license.
    Hope it Helps
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to use client monitor tocheck where the table is used if you will have success in replicating the problem..
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.