Options

Navigation Pane Customisation (RTC/Role Specific)

sarahk862sarahk862 Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-06-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
I have searched through the mibuso forum for a good couple of hours on this now and I can't find a topic that is quite what I am having trouble with.
I'm used to doing customisation in 2009R2 RTC now. Such as adding fields to forms, building the odd activity part etc, customising the ActionPane/Related Info menus etc. Thats all nice and straight forward.

However, I have some new pages (non std) that I need to appear in a couple of custom roles on RTC (R2).
I have tried using Customise Navigation Pane/Customise this Page/Object designer (through classic client) to add the new page(s) to the Home menu.
Using the Customise Navigation pane option I only seem able to see a fairly small list of objects. I.e. Sales & Marketing- I see no Biztalk pages to add.
I have added the page to the Sales & Marketing menu in the Dept-Company Menusuite in object designer- but still am unable to add this page to the role centre navigation pane.

Oddly, some roles (modified by a predecessor) DO have some customised/new pages listed on the Navigation Pane on the left. I have tried comparing the properties on the pages/role centre objects etc but so far, cannot find anything that stands out as to the 'key' to turn in order to get the little blighter on there!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have a fair few objects to add to the Navigation Pane.

Kindest Regards,
Sarah

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    sarahk862 wrote:
    I have some new pages (non std) that I need to appear in a couple of custom roles on RTC (R2).
    I have tried using Customise Navigation Pane/Customise this Page/Object designer (through classic client) to add the new page(s) to the Home menu.
    If you want to modify the Home Menu, you should change the pages from 9000 to 9020 based on the RC
    sarahk862 wrote:
    Using the Customise Navigation pane option I only seem able to see a fairly small list of objects. I.e. Sales & Marketing- I see no Biztalk pages to add.
    I have added the page to the Sales & Marketing menu in the Dept-Company Menusuite in object designer- but still am unable to add this page to the role centre navigation pane.

If i am not wrong we can see only List type objects in Customize Navigation Pane from RTC.
  • Options
    sarahk862sarahk862 Member Posts: 3
    Ah, thanks.
    I see now that there is a Home Items section of the Action Designer that I had missed before.

Thanks for your prompt response.