Options

Link between shipments and invoice.

pedroccdapedroccda Member Posts: 90
Is there some way to link an invoice document to a shipment document in Navision? :roll:
Kiki

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Not directly : this is the way they are connected:
    Take an invoice line. that invoice line has a "Value Entry". You can find this with the document no+ posting date+Item No.+other fields if you have the same item no. more than once in the same invoice.
    The Value Entry is connected to an item ledger entry.
    The item ledger entry has the document no+posting date of the shipment you need.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    vampireeyesvampireeyes Member Posts: 33
    just to be curious.... what would u need it for.

over here when the order's been picked u get the option bill and ship... hence those 2 documents role off the printer... don't know if this is custom or standard though....
    ???????????????????????
    { Intuitively wrong... {
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
  • Options
    I also get this request from a lot of users, especially when they use "Combine Shipments".
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, some customers need shipment nos. on the invoice, but when you can have n orders to n invoices, it is problem to get the nos... :-)

especially when you are combining shipments from more than 1 order...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    pedroccdapedroccda Member Posts: 90
    just to be curious.... what would u need it for.

over here when the order's been picked u get the option bill and ship... hence those 2 documents role off the printer... don't know if this is custom or standard though....

I know what you mean. But if I create an invoice from different orders, and I don't need all the lines of an order, how can I do it??!!
    :roll: :roll:
    I solved it in another way...anyway...I do it to set in each invoice line created directly from an order two custom filed (order no. and ddt). So the customer can click on these fileds and see directly the related documents. This permit to speed the navigation between related documents. :D
    Kiki
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    I always say to customer to don't invoice form an order or a warehouse document, only from an invoice and Get Shipment Lines.

The reason is exactly this: Shipment Nos. are printed.

And actually if you both invoice from an order and from an invoice with Get Shipment Lines, you can find in some cases that there is a hole in the Posted Sales Invoice numbers. And f.e. here in Hungary it is highly illegal.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    And actually if you both invoice from an order and from an invoice with Get Shipment Lines, you can find in some cases that there is a hole in the Posted Sales Invoice numbers. And f.e. here in Hungary it is highly illegal.

I have never had problems with holes in the sales invoice numbers. Navision provides to avoid that even if you use both types of invoicing.

You can have the numbering problem in this case:
    You have an invoice and post it. Navision requests the next invoice number and saves in the header of the invoice and does a commit! If then an error happens (like VAT-setup does not exist) the number is still assigned and if another invoice is posted it will have a new number, CREATING A GAP. BUT when you post the invoice with the error, it will fill the gap. IF YOU DELETE THAT INVOICE, Navision gives a warning and asks to generate a 0-invoice. This happens in the delete-trigger of table 36.
    If you delete the invoice by program without the trigger, then you have BIG problems with the tax-office.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    "BUT when you post the invoice with the error, it will fill the gap. IF YOU DELETE THAT INVOICE, Navision gives a warning and asks to generate a 0-invoice. This happens in the delete-trigger of table 36. "

So it seems, my friend, that you you in Italy have the same horrible rules :)

But you are not right. Please look at this scenario:

1) Users should not do invoice from an order
    2) They accidentaly choose Ship & invoice when they should just choose ship. It means they try to invoice the order, but they shouldn't! For 2 things:

A) it is hard to estimate from an order how an invoice will look like. Actually users harass me to be able to review a Sales Invoice before printing even if they are using Sales Invoice functionality, not Sales Order - because they want to be able to review errors. For Sales Orders, invoicing is a completely irreal, un-lifely thing. You should never do it as you will end up wrong invoices in 60% of the time.

B) they won't have shipment no. on invoice which is a big, big problem

3) They invoice the order tru Invoice - get shipment line

You cannot delete the order! Basically, you cannot do anything! The gap is there, unless you hack it manually.

• Options
    "BUT when you post the invoice with the error, it will fill the gap. IF YOU DELETE THAT INVOICE, Navision gives a warning and asks to generate a 0-invoice. This happens in the delete-trigger of table 36. "

So it seems, my friend, that you you in Italy have the same horrible rules :)

But you are not right. Please look at this scenario:

1) Users should not do invoice from an order
    2) They accidentaly choose Ship & invoice when they should just choose ship. It means they try to invoice the order, but they shouldn't! For 2 things:

A) it is hard to estimate from an order how an invoice will look like. Actually users harass me to be able to review a Sales Invoice before printing even if they are using Sales Invoice functionality, not Sales Order - because they want to be able to review errors. For Sales Orders, invoicing is a completely irreal, un-lifely thing. You should never do it as you will end up wrong invoices in 60% of the time.

B) they won't have shipment no. on invoice which is a big, big problem

3) They invoice the order tru Invoice - get shipment line

You cannot delete the order! Basically, you cannot do anything! The gap is there, unless you hack it manually.