Options

Which One More Efficient in RTC Installation?

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
edited 2011-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

Which one more efficient in RTC installation : Install RTC in user computer or terminal server only?
Why ? Thank you..
Best regards,

Johanna

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Efficient in terms of what? Computer resource? Server resource? Consultant's time? Inhouse troubleshooting time? etc?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Integation? Each time there are pros and cons... all depends on what you require...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Efficient in terms of what? Computer resource? Server resource? Consultant's time? Inhouse troubleshooting time? etc?

In every area, could you give me comparing of rtc installation in the user's computer and terminar server ? Thank you :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Integation? Each time there are pros and cons... all depends on what you require...

Could you give me the pros and cons? Would you like to explain me about conditions that is better to install RTC in terminal server and conditions that is better to install RTC in user's computer? Thank you :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to think about:

Bandwidth
    Local resources (e.g. when exporting into excel/word it must be on same site as RTC)
    Printing (printing over network could be bandwidth problem)
    Management (central managing when using TS, could be solved by using App-V to deploy the client on the desktops)
    Accessibility (from PCs which do not met minimum requirements)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.