Options

Combining DataItems Fields in a dataset in RDLC Report

eborggrecheborggrech Member Posts: 12
edited 2011-06-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
Is it possible to combine values from different tables into one DataSetFieldName for an RDLC Report?

My aim is to combine Sales Invoice Header and Sales Cr.Memo Header to produce a dataset with the following data from both tables:

Posting Date
Payment Method Code
Amount Including Vat

The report will then group and filter the data provided in the Dataset (from both tables) as required.

I followed these steps:
- created 2 DataItems (with no indentation)- One for Sales Invoice Header, One for Sales Cr.Memo header
- created textboxes for the respective fields
- set the DataSetFieldName property of the similar fields ("Posting Date") the sections the same BUT I get an error when compiling: The Control property DataSetFieldName value <datasetfieldname> is already used.

Is there some way to populate a dataset in a similar manner?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    You cant create same dataset name 2 times..
    best is to just add fields in Sections and click suggest layout..it will create dataset names to fields automatically with table name prefix.

ex:
    Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date
    Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply.

That would give me the result in seperate columns whereas I require them to be in one.
  • Options
    Can you explain more what do you need in one column?
  • Options

to be represented in the dataset as

Posting_Date
  • Options
    If you have Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date = 01/01/11 and
    Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date = 12/12/11
    then how do you need it?
  • Options
    There is no link between the Sales Invoice header and Sales Cr. Memo header. Both data items will be filtered by posting date and executed one after another.

When Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date has a value, Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date should have no value, and vice versa
  • Options
    eborggrech wrote:
    There is no link between the Sales Invoice header and Sales Cr. Memo header. Both data items will be filtered by posting date and executed one after another.

When Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date has a value, Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date should have no value, and vice versa

you mean both posting dates will have same date at a time?

Then you can use either Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date or Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    eborggrech wrote:

so... do you want that in a field in Report Layout will be showed Sales Credit Memo Header Posting Date or Sale Invoice Header Posting Date?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    exactly, whichever one is filled in the follwing:

will be stored in the dataset field:
    Posting_Date
  • Options
    Then you can calculate posting date from Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date or Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date in one variable and pass it to report dataset.
  • Options
    Then you can calculate posting date from Sales_Invoice_Header__Posting_date or Sales_Credit_Memo_Header__Posting_date in one variable and pass it to report dataset.

Good idea :thumbsup:
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    If I understood what you need then this may be a solution for you.

why dont you write a function in C/AL that returns you one posting date and assign it to variable.
    this is what i did
    Defined a textbox on report and then entered GetEEDocNo in sourceExpr field
    and wrote a c/al function that used to give me th required document.
    I did it as i couldnt get Flow fields on rdlc reports...

what you can do is define a field and call a function that will return you once posting date ( either from sales invoice or credit note based on your logic )..
    GetEEDocNo() : Code[20]

CASE "VAT Entry".Type OF
      "VAT Entry".Type::Sale:
        BEGIN
          IF SalesInvHeader.GET("VAT Entry"."Document No.") THEN
            EXIT(SalesInvHeader."Pre-Assigned No.");
        END;
      "VAT Entry".Type::Purchase:
        BEGIN
          IF PurchInvHeader.GET("VAT Entry"."Document No.") THEN
              EXIT(PurchInvHeader."EE BI No");
        END;
    END;

KS
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone!

I resolved the issue by creating 2 seperate fields in the dataset (no choice), then in the RDLC Layout I set the source of the text field to:

=IIF((Fields!Sales_Cr_Memo_Header_Posting_Date.Value= Nothing),Fields!Sales_Invoice_Header_Posting_Date.Value,Fields!Sales_Cr_Memo_Header_Posting_Date.Value)
  • Options
    eborggrech wrote:
    Thanks to everyone!

I resolved the issue by creating 2 seperate fields in the dataset (no choice), then in the RDLC Layout I set the source of the text field to:

=IIF((Fields!Sales_Cr_Memo_Header_Posting_Date.Value= Nothing),Fields!Sales_Invoice_Header_Posting_Date.Value,Fields!Sales_Cr_Memo_Header_Posting_Date.Value)
    =D>
    ~Rik~