Options

How to send Notifications (Notes) to multiple RTC users ?

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2011-06-09 in NAV Three Tier
The client I am working with wants to be able to send notifications to multiple people. Is this possible either by changing the code in the Notes object or by some other way? They really like the feature but they are disappointed that they can only notify one person.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2010/11/03/nav-2009-tips-and-tricks-create-notifications-from-task-pages.aspx

Comments

• Options
    IsakssonMiIsakssonMi Member Posts: 77
    They are disappointed :D You should tell them to be happy when NAV allows custom code to solve such things for them.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We use Skype. No code changes needed :lol:

Create everyone as individuals & create groups. Piece-O-Cake!
    I know it doesn't answer the question but as a side note...

Now with smartphones, Ipads & such I find it to be a great office tool too.
    You can keep in touch from whereever you are.
  • Options
    BENNEBENNE Member Posts: 16
    Have any of you solved this issue?
    I do have the same request from a customer.

Best regards and thanks in advance
    Benne
  • Options
    VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    BENNE wrote:
    Have any of you solved this issue?
    I do have the same request from a customer.

Best regards and thanks in advance
    Benne

I have not resolved it - and my client still wants this to happen if at all possible.

Any suggestions anyone? [-o<
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    As i Posted in another thread with the same topic:
    If you Add a Windows-User-Group to the Windows-User Menu in Navision you can set roles for a whole user Group instead of a user, nothing new until now. But if you do this, the group gets available also in the User dropdown of the notification. My idea was to use AD-Groups to send notifications to more then one user. In the OnInsert() Trigger you could check if its a user group (check the AD via .net interop?) and recreate the notification record for each user in the group.

This is just an idea i had, i haven't tried it but i think it should work would be a nice way to do this.

If for some reason you can't access the AD via .Net Interop you could also create some tables which determine which are groups and what users are in that group.