Options

Licences, courses etc.

BmmBBmmB Member Posts: 9
Hi,

I'm working as a technical support at end user company which uses Dynamics NAV as an ERP solution. I have some experience (including programming in C/AL). My company is planning to buy developer licence and some courses for me, in order to be able to do all editing, changes, upgrades etc. in house.
So, I would like to know where I can see the pricing of those (licences and courses) and other info? Are there any additional requirements? What exams do I need to pass in order to become NAV developer (with developer's licence)?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    For what concerns Developer Certifications take a look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us ... .aspx#tab2
    I think you're interested in this: Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Yes, Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 seems to be the way to go.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    You're welcome
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You won't get a developer license just for passing an exam or set of exams, though. You can get most of what you need for full development in your customer license by purchase Application Designer and Solution Developer. Be prepared to shell out major money for these, though (as in more than $30,000).
  • Options
    Thanks for the info matttrax.
    Are there any major differences between Application Designer and Solution Developer? Is one more worth than the other (considering price)? What would I get with each of these?
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Your company can call your NAV Partner to request the exact information from the pricing sheets and descriptions. Essentially Solution Designer gives you access to more code along with some other stuff. You can also search the forum for descriptions of them. Together they still don't give you absolutely everything, but they are enough to support a customer for the most part (depending on add-ons) and go through upgrades.