Options

Checkbox on pages

wilk_uwilk_u Member Posts: 94
edited 2011-06-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, I'm looking for solution according to this situation:
transforming solution form forms to pages, on form one of the fields is bool apply, it works correct when I check or uncheck it, but on the page when clicking it, it doesn't show any changes, like checked/unchecked. then I want to filter checked records and do some things with them like I do it on form. Apply field is editable, like whole page, insert and delete are not allowed in properties, but modify is.

I'll appreciate any help. It's quite hard to deal with things, for beginners, without debugger :(

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    What kind of page is that?

is that page open in Edit mode?
  • Options
    It's a CardPart page, i also have the same problem with another page which is supposed to be parent page. Edit mode? What's this? If I understand You correctly the same thing as Actions-> Edit? It makes page editable as i wanted. But it's not the solution, I can't force user to click edit every time :( Is there a way to run page in edit mode by default?
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    wilk_u wrote:
    It's a CardPart page, i also have the same problem with another page which is supposed to be parent page. Edit mode? What's this? If I understand You correctly the same thing as Actions-> Edit? It makes page editable as i wanted. But it's not the solution, I can't force user to click edit every time :( Is there a way to run page in edit mode by default?

yes there's more than one way to run the page in edit mode. from where do you open this page, I mean directly from an action, via code etc...?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    I run it on push action or run object, simply by button click
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    what about the "RunFormMode" property?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    what about the "RunFormMode" property?
    :thumbsup: exactly, as mihail said you could use RunFormMode property setting it to "Edit".
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    It's a page, but thanks for Your time

...or I can't see this property, if You both say it's there ;)
  • Options
    wilk_u wrote:
    It's a page, but thanks for Your time
    Check in action's properties. you could find this property that specify in which mode you want to run a form/page.
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    Ha..

You're great guys, thank You :)
  • Options
    wilk_u wrote:
    Ha..

You're great guys, thank You :)

You're welcome!
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    I have another issue connected to that.

I convert solution form forms to pages, storing sums in single instance codeunit.

On forms, I calculate sums on form A pass the values to codeunit through setters. Then get values from codeunit through getters to display on form b, it works as it should.

I want to do exactly the same thing on pages. I pass values form page A to codeunit, debugged setters via messages, they dispalyed the values.
    But when i call getters on page B, the display 0.
    I have the same problem with clicking mentioned checkboxes, they don't calculate sums, just getting the checked value like added to zero. It seems codeunit doesn't store the values, although it's single instance. As i mentioned is a straight port from forms, where everything works fine.
    Do single instance works different on pages?
  • Options
    wilk_u wrote:
    Do single instance works different on pages?
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Single Istance in pages works exactly as in forms.
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    It's weird, on forms it works as I wanted.

Have no idea what can cause the problem, I didn't change the code, aside from changing run form tho run page, my only idea is what I wrote above :/
  • Options
    To transform the form into page do you use Transformation Tool?
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    Just made new pages, with same variables and functions, crated new codeunit running pages not forms with the same methods as in form codeunit