Options

Save filter attempt close the RTC for a specific Profile

parambparamb Member Posts: 85
edited 2011-06-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have a problem with the Save Filter functionality. It close the RTC with error message when attempted to save filter for users assigned a specific profile (New Profile and not standard Nav profile).

I have assigned my login(windows authentication) to that specific Profile, then attempted to save filter which caused the RTC to close with error message. The I have assigned my login to another profile and then succesfully saved the filter.

RTC is getting closed when the 'Save View' option is clicked.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And the error message is?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    The standard error message when Nav client breaks and close. 'Microsoft Dynamics nav has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience'.
  • Options
    Some message in event log on client or NAV server?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    The followig is the error message from the event log.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MicrosoftDynamicsNAVClient
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 5/31/2011
    Time: 3:36:54 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PC020311
    Description:
    Type: System.InvalidCastException
    Message: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Metadata.SeparatorDefinition' to type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Metadata.ActionGroupBaseDefinition'.
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass2.<DoRethrowWithCatchException>b__0()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(Func`1 execute)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(Func`1 execute)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoRethrowWithCatchException(Exception exception)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client
    Type: System.InvalidCastException
    Message: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Metadata.SeparatorDefinition' to type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Metadata.ActionGroupBaseDefinition'.
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.SaveViewLogicalDialog.LoadNavigationItems(IService service, MasterPage homePage)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.SaveViewLogicalDialog.InitializeAdditionalControls(String defaultViewName, IService service, MasterPage homePage)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.SaveViewLogicalDialog.CreateSaveViewDialog(UISession uiSession, String defaultViewName, MasterPage masterPage)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Actions.SaveFilterAction.ShowSaveViewAs(NavFilterLogicalControl filterControl, MasterPage masterPage)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Actions.SaveFilterAction.InvokeCore(Boolean async, LogicalControl logicalControl, Object state, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Action.InvokeCoreWithErrorHandling(Boolean async, LogicalControl logicalControl, Object state, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Action.DoInvoke(LogicalControl logicalControl, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.ActionControl.Invoke()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Windows.ActionControlAdapterBase.DefaultInvokeAction(LogicalControlAdapter adapter, ActionControl actionControl)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Windows.ActionControlAdapterBase.DefaultInvokeAction(LogicalControlAdapter adapter)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Windows.ActionControlAdapterBase.OnInvoke()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.MenuBarActionControlAdapter.<InitializeNativeControl>b__0(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.UI

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
  • Options
    It looks like some problem with some character in the name of the view, or, you do not have basic table in the menu, under which the view will be saved... or something like that. You can ask support...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.