Options

Problems with new Navision 4.0 Menu

dagonrodagonro Member Posts: 8
Hi.

I have a problem with the new Navision 4.0 Menu, some one in my office has hide some topics of the menu, like "Manufacturing" and other option we don't need for our company. The problem is that i am not able to show it again. I try to show the hidden option but it not appears in the "Show Items" window. I also try to asign users but all the users are asigned to that option.
How can I show the hidden options again?

Thanks in advance, and sorry about my english.

Comments

• Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    It seems that "someone" deleted the Menu instead of disable it.
    If you can't show or enable the Menu then someone must have deleted it.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. But if I enter in design mode I can see the elements that are not visible on run mode. If they were deleted I supose that I couldn't see them in design mode.

I can't understand what's happening. I haven't much experience with Navision 4.0.
  • Options
    jmjm Member Posts: 156
    Hi,

may be that this is a licence-feature and you don't have the licence for "Manufacturing"?

br
    Josef Metz
    br
    Josef Metz
  • Options
    Sorry, but I am using my developer license.

I have all permissions, and in fact I was viewing all options until other person in my office has "hide" some options. He tells me only has hide the options but I am not able to show them again. I think he has used "super" as user to do that.
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hi Dagonro!

How can he do that?! How many super users in your organization?

My suggestion, try to backup the database, you are the administrator, aren't you? And restore your database in new DB... and start the investigation there.

I also want to know how many levels exist in your menu suite?

I think we are all newbie in this menusuite of Navision 4... so don't worry we help each other.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Jemmy
  • Options
    Well, I try to answer you.

Yes I'm administrator and my boss too.

My boss and I are developers and both are using super to do changes in the project.

I don't understand you when you talk about levels in the menu, but I want to see "all levels" or "all items" again. I will try with a back up of the database as you said.

Thanks for your help.

PD.- I see my boss has a user that sees all the options in the menu but I can't see the difference between this user and the others that has some hidden menus.
  • Options
    vampireeyesvampireeyes Member Posts: 33
    this does not work via the user table where u assign a different main screen? (haven't worked with 4.0 yet)

as in: that particular user who CAN see all items is not viewing a different screen?
    ???????????????????????
    { Intuitively wrong... {
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hi Dagonro!

Nice to hear you again.
    I don't understand you when you talk about levels in the menu, but I want to see "all levels" or "all items" again. I will try with a back up of the database as you said.

Go to Object Designer, and click Menusuite.. and notice is there any lines below ID=10 Name MBS
    I think there should be a greater level menu than you are using has overriden your menu suite.
    If you don't have any modification in the menusuite area, just delete all lines below ID=10 (which means has ID>10), and you will get a FRESH original menu suite from MBS.

The super user can't modify/delete the menusuite in the MBS level ID=10, then no worries :wink:
    It will give error message:
    You do not have permission to modify the 'MBS' MenuSuite

That's it, and hope this help.

Cheers,

Jemmy
  • Options
    I have solved the problem.

Maybe there's a Navision bug. I'm using the spanish version. Sometimes when you open the "Show Menus" windows it appears empty, but there are some hidden items.

Today I've open this window and there were the "lost" options. :shock:

Thanks all you try to help me.