Options

Inventory Phys. Inventory Journal - Document No.

kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
Hello,

How to setup Inventory physical journal to allow user to manually input "Document No."?

I try to overwrite the assigned document no. However when I post the journal system prompt error... "The document No. must be xxx".

I try to clear the no series on the item journal batch. However it does not work..... "Can not get the document No form No Series"
(This trick works for finanical journal (GL, AR, AP), but not work in Inventory)

Any idea?

Ken

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You must have some customization made in the Item journal... in standard it is possible to not have nos. serie in the batch....
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hello,

Sorry I am not sure your reply:
    in standard it is possible to not have nos. serie in the batch....

Do you mean we can leave the no series blank in the batch so that we can manually assign the document number ?

Ken
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Exactly... it is possible in not customized Navision...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hello Kine,

In fact, I have question on this Physical Inventory Journal. If I create the line manually, when I input field "Qty. (Phys. Inventory)", system prompt me error as

"Phys. Inventory must be Yes in Item Journal Line Journal Template Name ='PHYS. INV', Journal Batch Name = 'Default', Line No.='0'.

That's why I need to use the function "Calculate Inventory" to create the lines for me.

But if I leave the No series blank in batch, then I will have problem when using the function Calculate Inventory
    Error as
    "Please enter document No."

Any idea?

My target is to create a journal line, fill in Item, Location, Qty, and document number and post it.

Ken

[/b]
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    A inventory journal line always needs to be calculated with Report 790 "Calculate Inventory". The Field "Qty. (Calculated)" makes no sense if it isn't calculated.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Hello,

Yes, I understand we should use the calculate function to prepare the journal line. But I would like to assign the Document No.

What I think is, first create the journal lines from calculate function. Then update the "document no". However, when I post the journal, system check that the document no must be XXXX (from the batch No series)

I have set the batch No series into "Manual No.". But system still force me to use the number from No series.

](*,)

Any suggestion?
    Ken
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    There is no need for a batch no. series unless you want the system to create a document no. . Just leave it blank and use whatever document no. you like ( fill it in under "Options" in Report 790)
    Kai Kowalewski