Options

Help to create a page to summarize inventory items

clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
edited 2011-05-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Need some pointers on this. I make lots of custom pages but to date these have all been on subsets of existing data, for my current need, I cannot find a table that already has what I want. Hopefully I have just not found it but any pointers you can give me on what I need or how to create what I need would be appreciated.

I want to see Items, with Quantity on Hand that is positive, by Location and with Dimensions. So I do not want a record of every item ledger for an item, just a sum by item of the remaining quantity by location ( and ideally by dimension ).

This is pretty simple as a SQL view but i am trying to keep everything a web service rather than use an ODBC connection to a view.

I think this would be a matter of creating some flow fields, but I am not sure best practice to create a new table or add these on to an existing one. So unchartered ground but if I can get a tutorial or an example or something that would be ideal.

Thanks
Clay

Comments

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    how about an analysis view? I'm not sure you'll get your dimension in there... but the rest of the information is pretty close.
  • Options
    clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
    I am not familiar with Analysis Views.

Would I be able to create one and access it by a page?

Any help to research would be appreciated.
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Check out Page 7159. It's the Inventory Analysis by Dimension. I believe this is what you are looking for. The only thing is that it shows all items, not just those with a positive quantity. It's certainly a start.
  • Options
    stevedivimaststevedivimast Member Posts: 39
    Hi Clayfox,
    You wrote "This is pretty simple as a SQL view"
    So, create the Sql view and use in Nav as LinkedObject.
    It works fine (and fast)!!!
    (Search in mibuso about LinkedObject. You can find all you need).