Options

Page layout problem when displayed within the main window

ryancairnsryancairns Member Posts: 40
edited 2011-05-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi - I'm having a problem with a list page that has 2 groups - the first group has a single variable and acts as a search bar for items. The second group is a repeater of the item list.

This displays fine when I run the page in a separate window. However when I add the page to the menu it opens within the main window and the search field is not displaying (see the first screenshot).

When I right click on the menu option and choose "Open In New Window" it displays fine (see second screenshot).

I have worked out that this is because the PageType = ListPlus. I also notice that the factboxes are missing when displayed in the main window but appear fine when in a new window.
Changing the PageType = List displays the factboxes but the search field is still not editable.

Has anyone any ideas what might be causing this? Alternatively is there a way to force this page to open in a new window?
Any help would be appreciated.

p.s: I'm starting to reckon this is some sort of bug. I added the Sales Prices page to the menu (it also has fields at the top followed by a list) and it displays incorrectly when viewed within the main window.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Only some page types are used to view them in the main window. Some page types are for creating pages which are opened as new windows. It is question of using "correct page types for correct type of page". But it doesn't mean that you can solve every situation...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ryancairnsryancairns Member Posts: 40
    Thanks - did some "thinking outside the box" and added a promoted button to the page "Search" which essentially opens the same page but in a new window - a slight annoyance but not a massive deal. The user will only ever have to click on this when opening the Item List from the role center menu (when opened via a item lookup the page always appears in a new window anyway).