Options

Connecting to RTC of NAV 2009

Md._Zillur_RahmanMd._Zillur_Rahman Member Posts: 6
edited 2011-05-04 in NAV Three Tier
When I try to connect to RTC of NAV 2009, a message is shown saying - A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://zillurxp:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://zillurxp:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]". Please note that I am connecting to a Demo version and the necessary services like net.tcp... and NAV Server is running.

Please give me solution if you can.

-- Zillur Rahman

Comments

• Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    Could you add your CustomSettings.config (from the Service Tier) and the ClientUserSettings.config from your client - and tell whether you are running 1T, 2T or 3T and whether you can connect from the Classic Client to the Database?
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Søren_GrubovSøren_Grubov Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 4
    if zillurxp is the correct server and it is running Windows XP please make sure port 7046 is open on the firewall.

Kind Regards

Søren Grubov
  • Options
    Hi freddy,

I have configured 3T architecture and been able to connect with classic client. All the firewalls are disabled. In addition, I have configured the demo version in Windows XP. But, I am getting the error message "You do not have permission to run 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server' System".

I have run the NAS with the parameter DynamicsNAV successfully.

Thanks
    --Zillur Rahman
  • Options
    You do not have permission to run 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server'
    Are you using your own license file? this probably doesn't have the 9100 granule for NAV Server.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    No, I am using the demo license CRONUS.FLF and trying to connect to demo company (CRONUS International Ltd.).
  • Options
    I have run the NAS with the parameter DynamicsNAV successfully.
    I do not understand what this is (NAS is classic stack and DynamicsNAV is the instance name of the new stack)

Anyway - Troubleshooting NAV 2009 installations are not as easy as in the good old days.
    Here are some of the questions I use to troubleshoot and find out what is wrong:

Machinename for the SQL Server?
    Machinename for Service Tier?
    Machinename for Client Tier?
    A list of CustomSettings.config from the Service Tier?
    A list of ClientUserSettings.config from the Client Tier?
    Listing of the license file used - are you sharing the SQL server with another 5.0 and maybe you don't have per. database license)
    (I would check those to do a standard check whether settings looks good)

The eror you are talking about - where do you see that (machine and LOG or messagebox)?

Can you start the Service Tier service?
    (Anything in the LOG from the Service Tier or the Database Tier if you can't)

Have you tried installing and launching a Role Tailored Client on the Service Tier?
    (this would tell me if we have a general problem or a 3T delegation problem - based on your error I don't think it is a delegation problem like - Have you allowed delegation for the ServiceTier to the SQL Server in the A/D?)

Have you tried to start the webservice listener and launch [url=http://]http://[/url]<servicetier>:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/Services?
    (If this gives you a non-error response - then your service tier works - and we need to look closer at the client.)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

• Options
    Thank you for your quick response.

I am checking all these things in one machine and the machine name is TAHER. (SQL Server, Service Tier, Client Tier)

CustomSettings.config in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service folder.

ClientUserSettings.config in D:\Documents and Settngs\UserName\localSettings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV folder.

When I try to connect from the role tailored client (StartProgramsMicrosoft Dynamics NAV 2009), it given an error message. You do not have permission to run the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server System. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed. Then, the select server and company dialog box appears.

I can start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services. Is it the service tier service?

Yes, I have installed and tried to launch a Role Tailored Client on the service tier. There were no problems installing this.

Yes, I tried to launch the web service listener http://taher:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/Services?

But, it gives an error response.

Thanks
    --Zillur Rahman
  • Options
    Søren_GrubovSøren_Grubov Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 4
    Just to clarify: Are you running the 3 tier stack on the same machine? Client, Server and database. If not can you explain the distribution on your physical machines.

The event viewer should give a more detailed error message. Please give more information from the event log.

Thanks

Søren Grubov
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Did your SQL Server already have a license file present from a previous NAV installation?

The Installer does not overwrite the license file if there is one present.

You need to use the Classic client to upload your new cronus.flf to your SQL Server. This is under the Tools / License Information window, using the Upload button. Choose the cronus.flf file present in the classic client installation folder.

Then try the Role Tailored Client again.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Thank you all!!!

Actually, I did not upload the new license file. The old one was saved in the database. I had just imported the new license. After uploaing thelicense file, it is working fine.

Freddy, I read your blog regarding service tier. It is very helpful. At the same time, your posts helped me a lot.

Søren, your posting also helped me a lot.

Thanks
    --Zillur Rahman
  • Options
    anuragatishanuragatish Member Posts: 48
    thanks a lot..ppl
    Anurag atish
    Navision Technical Consultant
    Bangalore
    anurag.atish@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi dmccrae,

Thanks for your nice suggestion and sharing your experince.
    dmccrae wrote:
    Did your SQL Server already have a license file present from a previous NAV installation?

The Installer does not overwrite the license file if there is one present.

You need to use the Classic client to upload your new cronus.flf to your SQL Server. This is under the Tools / License Information window, using the Upload button. Choose the cronus.flf file present in the classic client installation folder.

Then try the Role Tailored Client again.
    Really this will be the sollution to most of the people working for this scnario.
    Really a great sollution.
    Thanks again. =D> =D>
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    yfkohyfkoh Member Posts: 25
    i also faced the same problem. after i uploaded the license file, it is working now. : )
    Best regards,
    YF Koh
    Blog: http://mbs-navision.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ALopez27ALopez27 Member Posts: 42
    Reading this tread help me as well, thanks all for your usefull info!!!