Options

problem with importing CZECH Navision 4.0 objects in NDT 2.0

DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
Hi.

I've got problem with importing objects from czech cronus into NDT 2.0 SP1. Objecst from version CZ 3.70 are imported correctly (from client and from text file), but objects from CZ 4.0 cannot be imported, because NDT reports error
The language of the file to import does not match the language of the .stx file.
Import stopped!
what shall I do? :? I tried to copy STX files from CZ client, EN client, from version 3,70 :? but nothing helped me 8-[ :-k . Neither import from client, nor import from text file.
please help [-o<
Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hi,

1) Error description is clear: you used another language for exporting the txt file and for importing it nto NDT...

2) Solution: look into your exported txt file (or after you select the file for import in the NDT there is the information too) and look, if the header of objects are in czech (Datum, Ano, Ne etc.) you must use czech stx file for import. If the properties are in english (Date, Yes, No), you must use English STX. Select apropriate STX file in import dialog box in NDT...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I see czech keywords in Import dialog.
    I have czech stx file in NDT installation dorectory.
    but, when I see Import dialog, i cannot change path to stx file, field with path to stx is blank and assist-edit button is disabled....

i wonder how is possible, that import from CZ 3.70 was without problems, but import from CZ 4.0 does not work :shock:
  • Options
    In you import dialog you can see the text from the STX which you want to use... in NA 4.00 the properties are not locaized, if you look into the file, there will be all in english... the stx file can be selected only if you have no file mported in the NDT database (company) you are using... Create new Company in the NDT database and use it for your new import or look to the dialog for path to the used stx file and replace it with correct file... (the used file can be some from client folder, not the one in NDT folder...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    thx, I'll try it :-k

edit: I created new company. now what? If I'll change STX file before first import, the keywords listed on Import dialog will be taken from selected STX file. but, what If I wish to import Navision 4.0 objects in old company? will the old STX file be replaced with the new one? and can I import 4.0 objects?

BTW, i looked on differences between old and new stx files. there is only one (two :) ) difference - the keywords for YES and NO are ANO and NE for 3.70 and YES and NO for 4.0
  • Options
    Solution: For exporting from NA 3.70 use fin.stx from ENU folder in your client folder (copy it from ENU to CLIENT folder) and than export the txt objects... they woill be in english - compactible with NA 4.00)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I'll try it, thanks
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    3 other possibilities (without messing around with the STX-files)

1)
    -make sure you are working on a backup of the 3.70 DB.
    -Open it with version 4.0 (after this you won't be able to open it with the older version!!!).
    -Export the objects as text.
    2)
    -Make a fob of your 3.70 objects (all of htem).
    -Import them in an empty 4.00 DB.
    3)
    -Open your 3.70 DB with the 3.70 W1-client version.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!