Options

Printing from NAS

scotthutchisonscotthutchison Member Posts: 7
edited 2005-06-09 in Navision e-Commerce
I have had a problem recently with placing an order through Commerce Portal Code Units and we are auto releasing the order through some custom code we wrote.

This then generates a Pick Slip for the warehouse on a specified printer which all happens as a result of releasing the order...

One item of interest and one Question.

The item of interest is that if you are printing with specific margins or layout the printing through NAS will not pick up this and will simply print in portrait with standard margins. I reverse engineered the DLL and found the error and have written a patch if anyone else is having this problem.

The Question is..

On occasion this causes NAS to lock up and it seems to have something to do with printing - the time it takes to print or the layout? Not entirely sure - has anyone had this problem or come across something similar?

Thanks
Scott

Comments

• Options
    grfgrf Member Posts: 10
    We´ve been having the same problem with the margin and NAS, could you possibly provide us with the solution? O:)
  • Options
    scotthutchisonscotthutchison Member Posts: 7
    We did solve the issue - we had to reverse engineer the DLLs with printing in NAS. This took us considerable time and hence cost - we have since on sold it to a few people. The issue is there is a bug in one of the DLLs that ignores printing margins. We reverse engineered the DLLs to hard code the margins in there and solve the issue...

More than happy to help but we woudl charge for the solution sorry!!!
  • Options
    grfgrf Member Posts: 10
    Could you possibly send me further info about cost and so on to einar@maritech.is? Thanks.