Options

Create Company in RTC (NAV2009 R2) giving bizarre errors.

leegeorgeHughesleegeorgeHughes Member Posts: 26
edited 2011-04-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi - I have written a function that, when called from the Classic Client, works everytime. The function creates a new company in NAV by inserting into the Company Table (2000000006).

If i try to call exaclty the same function from within RTC I get an error saying that "Another User has changed the Definition of the Company Information Table after the Activity was started.. Start your activity again"

If I log out of RTC and back in again i get an error "The definition of the User Personalization table has changed Start your activity again" - the ONLY way of fixing this problem is to restart the Server Service.

I understand that you cannot create companies natively within RTC of NAV2009R2 but is this functionality not possible in RTC??

Surely if Nav7.0 is RTC only MBS must be sorting out the creation of companies from RTC???

Any help would be appreciated..

I may have to get NAS to create the companies instead :cry:

Cheers in advance

Lee

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I suggest to use NAS to create your companies. or CFront.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    Creating companies by modifying the company table is not a supported scenario. The process is complex and a lot of actions are taken in the system when you create a new company (one thing is to handle company specific tables on the SQL server, another is to setup data in the company tables). For the time being, I can only suggest that you create the companies using the supported logic in the classic client. In Nav2009R2 and earlier, all database management is handled by the classic client.

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.