Options

Building Help Index

yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
edited 2011-03-30 in Navision Attain
Nav 3.10

Every time I open Navision it says "Building Help Index", then I login then it says "Building Help Index" again. It takes about 3 seconds each time it does this.

Maybe deleting the ZUP file would fix things (I haven't tried), but I'm asking here in case this points to a possible problem with Navision that we need to look at. As far as I know, though, it's only on my computer, but I have yet to ask anyone else.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Which Windows do you use?

It sounds like the help is starting all the time.

I don't think deleting the zup will help (you can try renaming the zupfile. If it helps you're ok. If it doesn't help you can rename your original zup-file backup to the original name.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We get this due to daylight saving time change.

Is this when you first started noticing the rebuilding?
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4045
  • Options
    Reading that post about time change it says
    The fin.hmt file contains the Navision help index and when a client connects to the server, it checks the time stamp on this file

ON the file or IN the file? Anyway, if I browse to the file on our server it shows Date Modified 11/3/2006 4:00 PM. If I right click and try to open in Wordpad it's all garbage.

I don't think anyone else is having this problem except me. I don't have access to reboot the server, though.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    There is not need to open any files. Older versions of nav like yours need the server rebooted after daylight saving time - else enjoy the help rebuild screen.
  • Options
    Got it! Thanks. I'll have to live with it forever most likely. They're very slow to do anything around here (if at all).