Options

Excel Reports

rishi_22rishi_22 Member Posts: 5
edited 2011-03-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,
I am new to navision,right now am working on Excel Report,My Problem is i dont want to print border lines in the report(lines which separates rows and as well as coloumns in the excel sheet),what code i have to write for this problem.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    abhinav0408abhinav0408 Member Posts: 35
    Can you make it more clear,what you wanna do exactly..?
    i am not gettin you properly..i mean export functionality is based on report output and you sayin jst opposite of it
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    In case of excel export trough the excel buffer (the more classic way):
    You'll have to write code so that when you export the report to excel, the borderproperties are also passed trough excel.
    Because every value you send to excel can have cellproperties. (ligth implementation about this is the excel buffer with it's italic, bold, underlined options)
    If this doesn't ring any bells, I suggest you have a senior developer aid you.

In case of exporting a RTC report to excel (basic NAV functionality): I haven't found a way one could.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    This is the format of report i need.somewhat white background,sky blue color in the first five rows and bottom three rows,data should be in table format,
    please help me...
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Sog wrote:
    If this doesn't ring any bells, I suggest you have a senior developer aid you.
    i guess no one have time to do the work for you. If you search excel border, cell color and something like this in mibuso you'll find all what you want, but the first rule is to have a senior developer who can help you.
    If you want someone to shoot some lines of code and the step by step guide to implement them, this forum is not the place for some simple reasons: it's easy to misunderstand other people because of language differences; the person who "write you the guide" hasn't probably tested them because he probably has no time to solve other people's problems etc etc...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Hi Belias,
    i apologise......am not that kind what u said is right,i jst need an idea thats it,not the entire work.i mean what functions..will be helpfull to develop it and so on..
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you can record a macro to see what vb code is generated by excel...anyway, we don't like to reinvent the wheel, so
    Borders (i quoted a luc's post found somewhere):
    http://lmsmfy.com/?q=excel+border

(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11801&hilit=excel+border)

and a lot of other info here.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5493&hilit=cell+color+excel
    Search is your friend
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Indeed, sorry for the short reply, but the senior developer sentence was written when my phone started ringing.
    I didn't have the time to look deeply in the rtc-to excel export.
    And excel is also a big application that I shouldn't assume one knows it on the same level as I.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    thank you Belias and Sog for your valuable suggestions