Options

Navison development II exam

laurentlaurent Member Posts: 10
Hello,

I tried and failed the exam Navison development II and here are some questions that I can remember. I will try again at the end of the week, so if you can help me with some questions…

I don’t remember the proposed answers but only the questions.

1: After a locktable, how can we unlock ?
commit, unlocktable,…..

2: In a function receiving a record as parameter, how is it possible to know witch filters was applied to it before?
impossible, or 3 other answers

3: How many dataitems can we have in a report?
5,10,500,unlimited ?

4: During an import, when does the import worksheet appear?
every time, only if there are some difference between the imported and existing object,…..

5: In a ‘process only’ report, what trigger doesn’t fire?

6: A customer has a report that needs a lot of complex key. The customer will use this report once a year. What the best way to manage the key (without consultant‘s intervention)

FYI: a lot of question about report (skip, break and quit) and posting routines, ledger tables and journal table.

I remember more questions and I’m preparing a document with all.
I’ll post it next week. (too busy this week because I prepare the exam)

Thanks for your help

Laurent

Comments

• Options
    xrivoxrivo Member Posts: 56
    I am not very sure but ....

1. commit
    2. with GETFILTERS() perhaps
    3. unlimited
    4. every time
    5. OnPreSection
  • Options
    kikkomankikkoman Member Posts: 57
    6. use Key Groups

KeyGroups
    Use this property to select the (predefined) key groups to which the key belongs. Once you assign this key to one or more key groups, you can selectively activate or deactivate the keys of various groups by enabling and disabling the key groups.

The purpose of key groups is to make it possible to set up a set of special keys that are used very seldom (for example for some special report that is run once every year). Since adding lots of keys to tables will eventually decrease performance, using key groups makes it possible to have the necessary keys defined, but only active when they are really going to be used.

File>Database>Information. Then Tables button then Key Groups button.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    ad 4) not every time - only if there are conflicts or you click, that you want to open it (if there is no conflict)... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    laurentlaurent Member Posts: 10
    Thanks guys for your answers.

i really appreciate.

Laurent
  • Options
    csearlecsearle Member Posts: 14
    What a horrible test. CurrReport.SKIP was repeated 14 times with the same exact question.

I just took it and failed also. There were a number of questions regarding form.run and form.runmodal, merging objects with your customer and the correct process for loading modified objects.

I believe the answer to the number of dataitem indentions in a report is 10, but unlimited dataitems. I just tried it with Customer and Sales header and was able to indent only 10 times.

A process only report behaves the same as a regular report, the difference is the sections don't "print" but they still execute.

good luck
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    I am not agree if you answer everytime.

Question number 4, I think when the imported object = .fob not .txt

Cheers,

Jemmy