Options

Making a blocked check box for e-mail?

yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
edited 2011-03-04 in Navision Attain
Nav 3.10.

You can block customers from the customer card. I might not have access to do it, but is it easy if I wanted to make a block e-mail check box?

We send mass emails to our customers.. maybe once or twice a year with specials. This includes an unsubscribe instruction in the email which says to respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" and you'll be removed from our list. The software I have will check the email every so often and automatically remove that person.

Problem is the next time I go in Navision I might end up taking that customer again and they'll end up back on the list. The blocked check box would be an easy way for me to pull up only non-blocked people.

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I think this is generally handled by the Correspondence Type field on the Contact card. I'm not sure how you are doing the mailings, but generally any type of marketing relies on contacts rather than customers.

Either way, adding a field is easy. But depending on how your code works it might not be so easy to integrate it in. Although in this case, I would think the whole thing would not be all that hard.