Options

Trying to configure App. Virtualization for NAV 2009 R2

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
edited 2011-03-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the new possibility NAV R2 with application virtualization.

I´m following the manual can be found at

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... ualization

In the first step, Preparing the Sequencer, there seems to have installed something in the Sequence Computer... what I have to install and where I can download it? On the other hand, the Computer Sequence is the client or the server computer?

Puff this is new for me. :-k :-k

Comments

• Options
    EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    1. On the Sequencer computer, insert the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 installation media or download the installation package from PartnerSource.
    2. In Windows Explorer, go to drive Q, and then create a folder named DynNAV.2k9.
    3. In another location on the Sequencer computer, create a folder named DynamicsNAV2009R2.
    You will save the sequenced client application to this folder.
    4. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Application Virtualization, and then click Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer.
    5. Click Create a Package to start the Application Virtualization Sequencing Wizard.
    6. On the Package Information page, in the Package Name field, enter Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2. Then click Next.
    7. On the Monitor Installation page, click Begin Monitoring.
    8. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, browse to and select Q:\DynNAV.2k9 and then click OK.
    9. With the Sequencing Wizard still on the Monitor Installation page, go to Windows Explorer, open the DVD drive or folder that contains the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 Setup, and then click Autorun.exe.

Direct from the pdf you mentioned. What is unclear for you? I don't get it in the moment.

Regards,
    egnaz
  • Options
    FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    Ok...

1. On the Sequencer computer, insert the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 installation media or download the installation package from PartnerSource.

The sequencer computer is the client or the server?

And then, I don´t understand what it means...

2. In Windows Explorer, go to drive Q, and then create a folder named DynNAV.2k9.

Drive Q or whatever i want, i think...

4. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Application Virtualization, and then click Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer.

I think i should have installed something before, but what?

Sorry but i´m completely lost, i´m sure that it´s very easy but... [-o<
  • Options
    EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer installed and configured on your computer. For more information, see How to Install the Application Virtualization Sequencer on Microsoft TechNet.

Link to informations about Application Virtualization Sequencer from the pdf
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 43820.aspx

Hope that helps you