Options

Navision 4.0 installation - SchemaXT error on WIN2003 Server

blol2000blol2000 Member Posts: 3
Hi there,

As I am new to Navision, and this my first installation. Appreciate all the help I can get.

I tried to install Navision 4.0 Native Database (by following the Navision Installation and System Management manual) on my customer WIN2003 Server (with Active Directory) but encountered the below error:

1) Install Navision Server

2) Server Name : WIN2003

3) Selected TCP/IP [or should I select TCP/IP (Kerberos)]

4) Cache Size : 1000000 (Server come with 1 GB Ram)

5) Install Demo Database

6) Select Database when first client connect to the server

7) Finished

8) Reboot Server

9) Run SchemaXT.Exe

- Unable to select EXTEND AUTOMATICALLY (some error occurred)

- thus select GENERATE LDIF SCRIPT

10) Reboot Server

11) Startup -> Error Message "One driver or Services Failed"

12) at Desktop "Active Directory Schema Extension for Navision Database Server encountered a problem and needed to be close."

Please enlighten me how to solve this SCHEMAXT Installation problem. :cry: Until now I am still not able to select the Database -> Server Name.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Trevor_NorcrossTrevor_Norcross Member Posts: 29
    When running SchemaXT it is important that you have Schema Admin, Domain Admin, and Enterprise Admin rights on the domain.
    Trevor Norcross
    SharePoint Implementation and Development
    Network Administration
    Mirifex Systems
  • Options
    blol2000blol2000 Member Posts: 3
    According to my network vendor, he had login as System Administrator, for me to install on the WIN2003 Server, thus I should have All Rights to perform all the tasks. Am I right? (Sorry, this is my first time installing Navision 4.0, I hope I am not asking some silly questions)

Can you please advise me if this is not the case.
    Please let me know WHERE and HOW can I set up the rights for Schema Admin, Domain Admin, and Enterprise Admin on the domain ?

Many thanks..