Options

RTC Printing Crashes

sil21sil21 Member Posts: 55
edited 2011-02-17 in NAV Three Tier
We have a user with some limited roles assigned. When he tries to print a report (any report) in RTC, NAV crashes saying

The server "net.[url=tcp://smsvrapp:7046/DynamicsNav/Service]tcp://smsvrapp:7046/DynamicsNav/Service[/url]" is either
unavailable or your connection has been lost. Do you want to attempt
to reconnect? Yes/No

He can print the same report in Classic without a problem. If we make him a SUPER user, his RTC reports work.

Can someone tell me what permission might be missing from the ALL role?

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Have you tried it on NAV r2 2009?

NAV shouldn't crash but actually give you the error to what ever object the person does not permission to.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Trying R2 is not really possible on the live install.

I now think the problem is network related or SQL related. Any user with limited rights in NAV can not print reports in RTC (but can in classic). If I limit my rights in NAV, everythng works ok presumably because I have more network rights. I have done this all on the same computer.

Classic reports work ok, but not RTC reports.
  • Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Did you try to trace the error in SQL profiler? Maybe you will see something there.
  • Options
    northernernortherner Member Posts: 67
    Did you find an answer to this? I have exactly the same problem.

Thanks
  • Options
    Try adding read / modify permission to table 2000000080 (Page Data Personalization) - that seems to have fixed it for me
  • Options
    That did it!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! You are my hero!
  • Options
    PottsPotts Member Posts: 2
    It is possible you could have avoided the problem if you had used the 'BASIC' role rather than the 'ALL' role. I have read that when installing RTC users, you sgould always use this 'BASIC' role and NOT the ALL role.

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be a 'BASIC' role in the R2 Cronus (UK / Australian / American) databases. Which database have you found it in?