Options

Logging to BUS layer

jdemejdeme Member Posts: 12
edited 2011-02-11 in Dynamics AX
Hello everyone

I'm facing a problem to log in to the BUS and VAR layers. I tried both using the codes provided to us (still valid, no expiration issues) but i keep on getting the same error message:

"The code for the 'bus' application object layer is incorrect".

Am i doing something wrong here? When I enter that code in the License information it is validated and has status ok. But still get that error message when i try to log to that layer.

Any ideas are highly appreciated!!

Joanna
jdeme

Comments

• Options
    icelanderwillicelanderwill Member Posts: 5
    In the CodeLetter.########.RTF file you have a runtime code in the beginning of the file. That should be entered in the license informations. And at the end of the letter, you should have the XXX layer development code. That has to be entered in the AX configuration utility for the proper layer (development tabpage), or should be passed to the binary executable like this:

ax32.exe -aol=bus -aolcode=yourdevelopmentcodehere
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hi Joanna,

Are you using 'BUS' and 'VAR' development codes? Also check that you are using the correct license for the serial number.

BTW what is your Ax version?

Regards,
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..
  • Options
    patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
    Hi Harish,

I have partner source login but i am not able to find the palce to request for the BUS/VAR layer.
    Can you please suggest me the place that where to fill the request form on MBS site?

Thanks & Regards,
    /Ashlesh