Options

Problem with RTC Service

deconinckgdeconinckg Member Posts: 16
edited 2011-02-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Last week we had an internal problem with our 3Tier. one of our developers did a changement in the code, which we then had to restart our NAV 2009 SP1 Service. Suddenly we aren't able to get into our RTC client anymore and we get the error provided in attachment:

Compilation of assembly "C:\...\MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer\assembly\Record140.dll"

Login with the NAV2009 SP1 SQL Classic is still working. We did a restore from before the change and did the same adjustments and we had no problem. Setting our config file to connect to another NAV2009 RTC DB worked. Only not the main Database it used to be connected with.

We also did a full recompile of the code with no success in connecting to the database with our RTC Client.

Then we decided to reinstall the Server-Tier option on that server and all problems were resolved. Before the reinstall we tried a repair but didn't had any affect neither it seemed. Is there anyone that knows how this could have happened? Because actually we are glad it happened in our environment and not with one of our customers. If anyone could guide me or tell me what the problem could have been here i would gladly hear any of you out.

Thx in adnvance.
Gunther

Comments

• Options
    deconinckgdeconinckg Member Posts: 16
    Already found out the problem why this issue came in place.

The change of code was made on a client with build 6.0.30863, then the error provied happened because our Service was running on build 6.0.29626. When we removed the service component and reinstalled it it checked for the installation folder and this folder was the installation for the 6.0.30863. Probably this folder used to have the old version. Once this was done the connection weant fine again, although older RTC versions might have problems with some functions and connection loss to the service. Due to the difference in builds.

Now we are checking if we go back to the old version and do a recompile on a client with the old version so the error will go away or if we upgrade all clients to the newer build version.