Options

Problem mapping custom fields Connector CRM-NAV R2

lamialamia Member Posts: 22
edited 2011-01-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I have problem mapping custom fields Nav.
I have Cronus DB and i add a custom field to Table "Item". At the same time, i add the same field to CRM "Product". And when i want to map this entities, only the field in CRM was exposed.

How can i map this fields between Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Please someone can help me plzzzz

Thx,
Lamia

Comments

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    edited 2011-01-20
    Hi lamia,

After append new field, You need do regenerate-integration again(No need to remove enable-connector). Sales & Marketing->Setup->Marketing Setup->Functions Menu->Generate Integration ID For .... After that you need to do restart NS & WS. Then open connector and reconnect all (NAV and CRM). CRM configuration part you need to check"skip complete config: and only gener:....". Then close connector and reopen again. you will be see new fld in connector fld.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Thanks Yukon for your reply,

i re-public a CRM Fields, the problem is not in CRM Fields, but in Nav Fields..

How can i public NAv Fields (Table or Page).

Thx for your help again...

Lamia
  • Options
    Hi lamia,

Pls, read again my 1st post. I edit again for you.

Sorry for edit my post.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Hi lamia,
    How can i public NAv Fields (Table or Page).

Don't worry about that. "Generate Integration ID For ..." function is public for you. Before run "generate integration id for ..." you need to add new fld at page "Item Card". Then follow step.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Thx Yukon

It's working..

thx lot for your help

Regards,
    Lamia
  • Options
    Hi lamia,

Finally, you can work well... =D>

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    TFCrowtherTFCrowther Member Posts: 35
    PROBLEM: How to add new Fields (Global Dimension 1) to NAV Customer Page to appear in the CONNECTOR MAP field

SOLUTION: Add the new field to the PAGE 21 Customer Card - Global_Dimension_1_Code

Then in the Connector run the Adapter - NAV Configuration utility: Configure Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Add your connection details and select the Organisation (company)

This will regenerate the .config files into the following company folder, check the time stamp.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics Adapter\Adapters\Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Nav2009\ObjectConfig\CRONUS%20Australia%20Pty.%20Ltd

The Adapter has created a new Customer_CardObjectProvider.config file, open this in notepad and you should see the new field.

Copy this file into the following folder replacing the existing one. (Do a backup of the existing .config first)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics Adapter\Adapters\Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Nav2009\ObjectConfig

Restart the Connector Application click onto the MAP “Account to NAV Customer Card” and the new field in PAGE 21 should appear to allow mapping to.

I think it works when starting the Connector Application it looks at the config files for the NAV fields to display in the MAPS. The actual mapping details are stored in the MSDI database in the dbo.Maps table.

Not 100% sure you are meant to replace the existing Customer_CardObjectProvider.config file with the newly created one from the Company directory.
    But it works...

CRM - Adding Global Dimension 1
    I quickly created a new CRM entity called Dimension Department and used this to manually copy the dimension from NAV to.
    Added this relationship to the Account entity & Form

Ran the CRM Adapter configuration tool to expose the new field.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics Adapter\Adapters\Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Crm40\ObjectConfig

You dont need to copy the file over for CRM from the Organisation directory.
    Reopened the Connecter
    MAP the Global Dimension 1 field to the Dimension Department\Name field.

Test - Success.

(Next will be workout how to sync the Dimesions from NAV into CRM)