Options

vincevince Member Posts: 5
edited 2005-05-27 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

How can I do to create a report depending of some fields of a form?

For example, the user select the accountNum of a client and click on a button to generate a report.
And the report contains the accountNum of this client and some data about him.

Thanks,

Vince

Comments

• Options
    vijaybhatvijaybhat Member Posts: 16
    Both the report and the form from which the fields are required should have the same table as the DataSource.So check the datasource of the form and specify the same in the report. Select the Fields you want in the report
    Vijay V Bhat
  • Options
    jasmanjasman Member Posts: 5
    Are you looking for a way to code a report synchronized to what ever the form is showing ?

Or are you asking if it's possible (as a user) to do the synchronization with all reports called from a specific form ?
    /Jasman
  • Options
    vincevince Member Posts: 5
    What I have:

A form with a grid with some informations about clients. The user makes some filters on this grid to obtain the clients he wants. Then by clicking on the button a report is generated showing the list of all the counties and
    the number of clients in each county.

The problem:

The problem is, when I pass the datasource of the form to the report I can display the list of the corresponding clients in the report. But when I want to add another datasource to the report (the County Table), it doesn't function.

Vince
  • Options
    jasmanjasman Member Posts: 5
    What is the purpose of first making a filter on some specific clients, and then printing a report of all counties summing up the number of clients in each county ?

It sounds to me like synchronization between the form and the report is not necessary, or am I completely missing the point ?

Maybe you could alter the form by inner joining the county table on the client table, and then passing the datasources to the report ?
    /Jasman