Need experts suggession to do examination

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
Hello everybody,

Am vijay from india...... I just want to know if i can voluntarily do Navision Examination.... As am not working in any navision Companies.... But i Have Navison 5.0 CD, PDF for studying and doing examination.... Is it posssible to do the examination voluntarily.. Please help ... i want to enter Navision world.... Kindly guide me.....

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That's a good question, and I don't know if you can take the exam without being employed by a NAV partner. Find an exam center near you and call them. They will be able to tell you.

By the way, you could get a job as a junior developer/consultant with a NAV partner without certification. Most NAV partners offer certification to their staff. Make sure though that when you pick the company to work for, that they also offer guidance of their seniors, and that you are allowed to actually take the training.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Actually anyone can sit the exams, its just a question of paying the fee.

As to actually passing without ever using Navision, well that's another question. Without cheating I don't think it will be so easy.
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Good for you for taking some initiative. You have a CD that comes with a demo database and license. For all of the application based tests (Finance, Costing, Trade, Warehouse, etc) you should be able to learn all you need.

For development that will be another story. If you want to take the two development exams you will almost definitely have to work for a partner in order to get experience with the code.

David is correct, though. Anyone can take the exams. In fact most of mine were taken while I worked for an end user, so working for a partner is definitely not required.

Study hard, don't cheat, and the benefits will follow.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    matttrax wrote:
    In fact most of mine were taken while I worked for an end user, so working for a partner is definitely not required.

IN my opinion, working for an End User is BETTER experience for the application exams than workign for a partner. Since the stuff you are learning is real, and related to actual day to day tasks.
    To carry it further, if I was looing to employ a Navision consultant or developer, then the absolute number one item I would like to see on a resume would be "Over one year working for a Navision end user".
    David Singleton
  • jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    Dear Vijay,,

You will get all the answers related to Navision Certification from the following link http://microsoft-dynamics-nav.blogspot. ... tification
    I think that will solve all your confusions regarding these..... Anything more let me know.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    IN my opinion, working for an End User is BETTER experience for the application exams than workign for a partner.

Couldn't agree more. It's one thing to read a manual and piece together functionality based on modifications you do, but quite another to work side by side the controller and understand what they are doing / looking for.
  • Bojanek75Bojanek75 Member Posts: 2
    IN my opinion, working for an End User is BETTER experience for the application exams than workign for a partner. Since the stuff you are learning is real, and related to actual day to day tasks.
    To carry it further, if I was looing to employ a Navision consultant or developer, then the absolute number one item I would like to see on a resume would be "Over one year working for a Navision end user".

Does that means that you want to find an employee that has work over one year in the Navision Company? I think there are many peoples that has work in the Navision Company and I think they are all willing to apply. Though it I sad for me because I haven’t work for the Navision Company although I have long shot of experience in other companies.