Options

RTC USER LOGIN - MULTIPLE COMPANIES IN SINGLE DATABASE

bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
edited 2011-01-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

We have 4 companies (Comp A, Comp B, Comp C, Comp D) in a single database.
1.User ‘X’ has been provided to access Comp A (by mapping Comp A in the company name field of windows access control table and User Personalization table). when logged using classic client User ‘X’ can able to see only see comp A , Were as user ‘X’ cannot able to login through RTC because of the following error .attached image.
2.If the company name field is kept blank against User ‘X’ on windows access control and User Personalization table. User ‘X’ can able to see all the companies when logged using classic client, as well as RTC.

Requirment: I want user ‘X’ to see only Comp A when logged in through RTC . The security model of database is enhanced, Navision Version is 2009.I have changed the security model to standard and found the same issue .

Thanks,
bhareth

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I suggest to check Partnersource for a hotfix for this issue. If you don't find any info, You'll need to report to Microsoft.

Another option is to see if it works in 2009 R2, if it does, then do exe upgrade to newer executable.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    Thanks ara3n.

They suggested to go for an exe upgrade.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'General Chat' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    ariukaariuka Member Posts: 19
    Did u select basic role for user X? if you did select company A in company field.