Options

Connector for Dynamics: Maps

BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
edited 2011-01-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

We are starting to 'play' around with the new Connector for Dynamics and NAV R2 integration.

How do we add new fields to the maps? For example the 'Account to NAV Customer Card' map doesn't contain Global Dimension 1 or 2 fields in the 'Destination' list of the map. We want to populate these 2 fields from CRM. I know that adding the NAV Dimensions to CRM will in itself create its own complications but lets say we want to simply populate Global Dimension 1 and 2 on the NAV Customer by specifying 'constants' in the map. (For example Global Dimension 1 will always be Department = SALES)

Also, if we add a new field in NAV Customer Table, what is then the procedure for adding this to a maps?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ben

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I had no time to go deeply into the connector yet, but there is table of "services" used for the connector. There are pages and codeunit published as webservice, which are used by the connector. I assume that you need to extend them with the field, and may be than tell the connector itself something about the new fields. you can start there...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.